free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanting to come to U.S

I am a Canadian who wants to move to the U.S.I have one child to bring with me an i also have to figure out how i get all my furniture there.I am at the present time searching for a job there in the field of work i am in.How do i do this?Can my daughter go to school there? What do I need to do first?How do i get my furniture there.Is it hard to get a work visa if i am not certified?
    If you can help me with theses questions it would be great for i am very love sick for someone there an need to be with him.

I am a Canadian who wants to move to the U.S.I have one child to bring with me an i also have to figure out how i get all my furniture there.I am at the present time searching for a job there in the field of work i am in.How do i do this?Can my daughter go to school there? What do I need to do first?How do i get my furniture there.Is it hard to get a work visa if i am not certified?
    If you can help me with theses questions it would be great for i am very love sick for someone there an need to be with him.

hope you do ok

The hard part will not be how to get your furniture to the US; the hard part will be getting a visa. (Any national moving company will be able to tell you what is involved with taking houshold furnishings across the border).

There is a good website on Canada -> US employment based immigration that will help you determine if you are eligible for some kind of work visa.

Your daughter will be able to attend school in the municipality that you live in as long as property taxes or some sort of rent is being paid. Once again - not a real big issue.

Yes a work visa is hard to get although Canadians can get a TN visa if you have the appropriate job experience and education. (check the website I mentioned).

If your 'love' is a U.S. Citizen, you can get a visa through marriage (MAKE SURE YOU WANT TO BE MARRIED TO THE GUY THOUGH!). Although even that can be hard if you play by the rules. As a Canadian, you can come to the US on a visitor visa for 180 days, and then get married while you are here. But be careful! If the INS thinks you have an intent to stay or if you get married too fast (ie: less than 30 or so days), they will deny your visa.

If you don't need to work, you could always put your stuff in storage, move down with your daughter for a few months (she will be able to go to school in the city where he lives), and see how it goes...

But I will have to tell you that 'love across a border' is usually a trail of heartache and separation...

Hope this helps...

I forgot to type in the website name...

www.grasmick.com

Good Luck i would think it would be easier for canadians they are north americans

PAT

"NORTH AMERICAN" is code word for White or is it a code word for "NATIVE AMERICAN"?

The Continent we live in (including Canada) is called North America! Therefore the reference to North Americans refers to such.

One more thing! That first post wasnt about race whatsoever. Why would you think its code? did you not know what continent this was?

Furniture from Canada is very precious, you do have a case in wanting to import them.