publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Random Traffic/Police Stops & Criminal Record question?? Marrie??

Hello Folks,

I was hoping one of you could help this Brit out. While in college about 5 yrs back, I made some stupid decisions and ended up being convited of false insurance claim and I paid the fine. However this was a FELONY.

My question now is, is it TRUE that if I am stopped for a random Traffic matter by the Police they can actually arrest me? I have heard both ways that YES they do now have a database of non citizens who have a criminal record/felony record no matter how minor. Others have told me its simply not true. Would appreciate your help..

God bless All

Peace

Hello Folks,

I was hoping one of you could help this Brit out. While in college about 5 yrs back, I made some stupid decisions and ended up being convited of false insurance claim and I paid the fine. However this was a FELONY.

My question now is, is it TRUE that if I am stopped for a random Traffic matter by the Police they can actually arrest me? I have heard both ways that YES they do now have a database of non citizens who have a criminal record/felony record no matter how minor. Others have told me its simply not true. Would appreciate your help..

God bless All

Peace

They are going to arrest you if you have a warrant out for your arrest or do something stupid during the traffic stop like say....run.

They are not going to arrest you just because way back when you had a conviction. If you paid your fines/did your time, you have nothing to worry about.

Marie is right. In my experience the people who are being deported as a result of a traffic stop, for example, are illegals, people without documentation with them that are later found to be illegal, people with pending warrants, and illegals who have criminal records. You should be OK.