50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Recent DV 2004 winner, but was illegal in US for 3 years

My brother lost his job in 99, and became illegal for 4 years. While he was illegal he went to Graduate school without an F-1 status. After finishing graduate school he left US volunterly in 2003.

He just won the DV-2004. Is there any circumstates he could use such as waiver/pardon from the US goverment allowing him to return to the U.S ?

My brother lost his job in 99, and became illegal for 4 years. While he was illegal he went to Graduate school without an F-1 status. After finishing graduate school he left US volunterly in 2003.

He just won the DV-2004. Is there any circumstates he could use such as waiver/pardon from the US goverment allowing him to return to the U.S ?

Of course, just like he went to graduate school illegally he can also get a visa illegally.

Hello Al,

Your brother can file his papers from his home country. He should apply asap.

These cases are processed on first come first served papers. Normally, DV Lottery winning letters are sent to double the number of immigrants to be admitted from that particular country. If they will ask for a Waiver at the Consulate, then he should apply for one.

Good Luck and God Bless!

My brother lost his job in 99, and became illegal for 4 years. While he was illegal he went to Graduate school without an F-1 status. After finishing graduate school he left US volunterly in 2003. When he left he did not have his I-94 card (lost).

He just won the DV-2004. The time to submit his papers is in OCtober. In the DV application, there is a question about if you were illegal more than 180 years than you should not apply.

Is there any waiver forms or any other special circumstances he could use to apply for a immigrant visa when he sumits his DV-2004 application for processing ?

That depends on your brother's circumstances, e.g. whether he has a USC spouse he can show extreme hardship. Judging from the fact that he needs the DV program to get immigrated, he may not have any prove to win a waiver.