50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: RETURN GREEN CARD

I MARRIED A USA AIRMAN IN 1980, CAME TO LIVE IN THE STATES, STAYED TILL THE MIDDLE 90'S WENT HOME TO LOOK AFTER MY DAD , I WAS ALSO DIVOICE BY THIS TIME I STAYED OFF AND ON IN THE STATES AND ENGLAND , NEVER THINKONG MY GREEN CARD WOULD RUN OUT I BELIVED IT TO BE FOR EVER ,WELL 1997 CAME BACK THRU DETRIOT AIRPORT AND WAS TOLD TO GIVE UP MY CARD AND WAS KEEP OVER NIGHT . AND THEN LET GO TO GO ON TO oklahoma . I RETURNED TO ENGLAND AS MY FATHER WAS VERY ILL AND PASSED AWAY LAST YEAR. WAS TOLD I COULD NOT GET CARD BACK , BUT COULD HAVE VISITES VISA which allows me to come and visit every 6 months and stay 6 months??also i have a current social security no and have earn enought to claim a smal amout at age 62 , but every lawyer i have been to says that i am in a no go aera, and we english are your partners i cant evengo into the lottery??? look for any replys or help thanks sheila

I MARRIED A USA AIRMAN IN 1980, CAME TO LIVE IN THE STATES, STAYED TILL THE MIDDLE 90'S WENT HOME TO LOOK AFTER MY DAD , I WAS ALSO DIVOICE BY THIS TIME I STAYED OFF AND ON IN THE STATES AND ENGLAND , NEVER THINKONG MY GREEN CARD WOULD RUN OUT I BELIVED IT TO BE FOR EVER ,WELL 1997 CAME BACK THRU DETRIOT AIRPORT AND WAS TOLD TO GIVE UP MY CARD AND WAS KEEP OVER NIGHT . AND THEN LET GO TO GO ON TO oklahoma . I RETURNED TO ENGLAND AS MY FATHER WAS VERY ILL AND PASSED AWAY LAST YEAR. WAS TOLD I COULD NOT GET CARD BACK , BUT COULD HAVE VISITES VISA which allows me to come and visit every 6 months and stay 6 months??also i have a current social security no and have earn enought to claim a smal amout at age 62 , but every lawyer i have been to says that i am in a no go aera, and we english are your partners i cant evengo into the lottery??? look for any replys or help thanks sheila

Same thing happened to me Sheila. I was out just over a year to take care of my mom. After she died, decided to return and even though my gc had not expired, it was taken from me at the border because I had been out too long. Am now going through the I-130 process which is a long one because I had to file at the Texas center. You did not mention whether you are still married to a USC and whether he will file for you.

To SHEILA :
    You really have a sad story. You really have lost your card. The only thing is you should try to get permanent residency byh exploring some other areas like Employment Visa etc.
    If you are able to get your status legalized then you will be eligible for your S.S. Retirement benefits.
    You should look into other options.
    Good luck.

to sheila.
    Disregard what I wrote earlier.
    My head is spinning.You'll find a way.
    Good luck!

Not Umesh Passi's

Please do not talk in my name.
    God bless you.