free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Juju please read this:

I'm in this country illegally for more than 10 years now. I just passed my NCLEX for RN , I have an acceptance letter to work for one of the leading hospitals in the country but the problem I still don't have EAD. We processed my papers 10 years ago and was approved but didn't finish up because I never submiited I-601. Last night I've been browsing this site and found a new proposed rule in giving certifications to health care workers. Can you please explain this to me, I'm so excited, because they said that even one is living here illegally if you're certified health care worker you will be forgiven. Is my understanding correct or I'm just jumping too fast. Please help me.

I'm in this country illegally for more than 10 years now. I just passed my NCLEX for RN , I have an acceptance letter to work for one of the leading hospitals in the country but the problem I still don't have EAD. We processed my papers 10 years ago and was approved but didn't finish up because I never submiited I-601. Last night I've been browsing this site and found a new proposed rule in giving certifications to health care workers. Can you please explain this to me, I'm so excited, because they said that even one is living here illegally if you're certified health care worker you will be forgiven. Is my understanding correct or I'm just jumping too fast. Please help me.

BTW, the article I read is just in this site entitled " The proposed rule in certification of health care workers".

Unlucky,

I will look into it. I remember reading something about that, too.

Do you happen to be married to a USC? Are you in any way eligible for the 245i? Seems like you might be.

If I were you, I would support Gephardt's proposal to legalize illegals living here more than five years. This would be a good thing for you.

Anyway, I'll get back to you! Best of luck!
    juju

Yes, I'm still happily married to him with kids, USC too. Yes, I'm grandfathered by the 245(i) rule.Everything had been filed except for I-601 because I heard it's so hard to be approved. We processed our papers 10 years ago.Thank you for your fast reply.

I forgot to tell you that we support Gephart's proposal to legalize illegals who have been here long.In fact my husband is going to send a letter to all our representatives of our state the easing down of immigration rules especially to those who are married to USC and had been here for a long time.

Yes I understand you unlucky..it's so hard to have a I-601 approved...I am supposed to submitt one too..but I am hesitating between filing agian AOS or I-601. I am scared too it will be denied.
    What is this Gephards' proposal you are talking about...is it a proposal to legalize all illegal immigrants or just the one who came here illegaly
    I mean without documentation.
    now that you are having 2 usc kids and have been living here for 10 years I think that you are legible to something unluky...that's what my lawyer told me...but since I am here only 5 years
    I don't want to stay 5 more years illegally...I won't feel good about it at all...so I am just trying to keep my statut right now by keeping to file for AOS again and again...and getting denied again and again...which is stupid
    and cost a lot of money.

I thing there is bad news about this bill. The Los Agneles Times said "Congress and White House has abandoned a biparisan effort to loosen immigration law this year ---" The quiet death of the immigration legislation comes even thought Pres. Bush had urge passage of a bill to make it easier for certain illigal immigrants to apply for legal residency." - - "Thelegislation was attacked by opponents as an amnesty in disguise-"

Oh Sarah, I really feel your pain right now. There are nights that I can't sleep, most of the nights I cried.It's like I wasted 1/3 of my life being a fugitive from INS,hoping that they won't catch me and send me back to my old country.If I don't have a family here, I could have just went back home but my home is here with my USC husband and 2 USC kids.
    This is my story: I came here with fictitious name. This was advised to me by my travel agent since I got denied for US visa twice already.He said I'll never get any visa if there is history of denial in your passport.So I went along with him. Never did I know that the darkest time of my life will come in this country.I met a guy in Ca , we hit it off and got married after 10 mos. of dating. We processed my papers right away. I got approved with my I-130, submit I-485, did 2 interviews, finished fingerprinting, took pictures inside INS,submit I-751, applied and paid EAD, but never got it because my birth certificate was missing. The lady told me if I got my BC then she will give me the EAD. BTW, after my AOS interview, the IO never told me if I was approved or not instead he gave me a form to fill out . That form I remembered was I-601. I never submitted it because I was afraid to get deported.Does it mean I was denied when he handed me the waiver? I didn't understand it even up to now. He should have told me if I was denied or not. My husband was in the military before so we really never had a chance to finish my papers because he was always in training or out of the country for peacekeeping mission like in Somalia.I don't know what my status now.I talked to a lawyer in April and he called a number then told me ,my name isn't there yet meaning I'm not being deported yet.I couldn't afford him that's why my papers are still in limbo. I don't know what to do. My husband is going to the INS tomorrow to check my status. He already talked to INS regarding my papers and they said I have nothing to worry about, no need for any lawyer because they can help me. Just come in and bring all the papers with me especially the approved I-130 and other receipts. I hope we will be guided to the right path this time. I'm sick and tired of being branded as illegal. I want normalcy in my life. I feel like I don't have a country but this is my country. I feel, think, act like any of the americans.I love this country, I love the people and I love what they stand for. During the attack in 9/11,I prayed for all the victims , for our president, and all of the servicemen who are in mission that nothing will happen to them. I cried everytime there's casualty in our troops. My mom and I always say novena and attend mass for peace and safety of our nation. I feel how Americans feel, I feel their sorrow, I feel how they've been violated, but it's just a feeling of an illegal,... doesn't count.

I think you need to take care of that birth certificate issue.

Goodluck