50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Visa refused: Section 214b. Should we bother reapplying?

I am an American, engaged to a man from Sweden. We work together in the UK. He's lived here for two years, and I have lived here for 6 years.
    We are getting married on 01.01.2011. He was recently denied a b2 tourist visa under section 214b.
    We were hoping to travel to America after our wedding (for 6 months) to take a break from our missionary work in the uk, see my ailing grandparents before they die, and travel and see family and friends. After that we plan on returning to work in the UK.
    The Stockholm embassy did not ask to see his proof of employment or ties. They were convinced he was intending to immigrate, due to the fact he's marrying me.
    We called the LONDON embassy here in the UK to reapply. The guy on the phone basically said it was "highly unlikely" we would receive the visa after being refused once--that no documents were likely to change the decision.
    Is there any advice for how we can still see my grandparents and friends? Or is our only option really to apply for a green card, even though we don't plan on living permanently in America in the foreseeable future?

K-1 or K-3 visa options could be your way to go, but you have other issues to overcome. You must establish 'domicile' in the United States to be eligible to petition. He on the other hand should stay in the US as an immigrant, not in UK.

CALL 1-800-MALIKPAPISH and ask for Malik Papish at Malik Papish and Associates.
    Tell them OldE from ilw.com had reffered you.
    He will fix it for you in no time.

Good Luck
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

thanks rough neighbor:
    unfortunately we have already sent out invitations for a wedding in Sweden.

we have also been told he could apply through VWP and hope to get across at the border, but is this more or less likely than getting a B2 by reapplying? and would this refused entry make things more difficult for us travelling to America in the long run?

Why don't you call 1-800-MALIKPAPISH and let him fix it for you?
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

To ensure entry via VWP, he should obtain prior ESTA registration approval.

hi OldE. Thank you for the suggestion. As much as I'd appreciate professional help, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to pay Papish for his services.

Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    But would that ensure entry? Or how likely would it be?

Originally posted by Johannah:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    But would that ensure entry? Or how likely would it be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, 100%, because they don't admit VWP-subject visitors now without ESTA registration approval. And those approved are never denied entry.

And yet nobody can assure him beforehand that his ESTA application would get approved because of his denied B-1/B-2 visa application. But as they say, desperate times call for desperate measures, or something like that.