free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: retention CSPA

my mom in guam asked the iNS there about the CSPA and the girl there said i can retain my priority date although its not yet very clear to them.

im a derivative beneficiary as what we all are concerned. i am turning 25 but the girl there said i can retain my priority date but its just that there are no formal regs yet.

this is me,
    lily :-) :-) :-)

my mom in guam asked the iNS there about the CSPA and the girl there said i can retain my priority date although its not yet very clear to them.

im a derivative beneficiary as what we all are concerned. i am turning 25 but the girl there said i can retain my priority date but its just that there are no formal regs yet.

this is me,
    lily :-) :-) :-)

h..................a....................p......................p.......................y......................

Congratulations....

It is still not very clear to them unless the regulations are out, that the time we could settle out our minds with this issue.

KOOLJACKREV

I hate to be the one to suggest a reality check.

INS & IRS employees are known to give conflicting information over the phone. I am not sure if you can consider the conversation as legally binding.

We all believe that aged-out derivative children should be covered by the RETENTION... provision. Even though people have paid the NVC visa bill, no one on this board has gotten the visa or reported aboust someone.

The legal situation has been the same since the law was enacted.

WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR THE REGS.

just to clarify - This is a diferent person from me - Lilly.

PRESIDENT

I agree with you, let us wait for the regs. Let us go one step further, let us put pressure on the INS by bombarding them with letters.

boni:

I just read yesterday that the U visa regulations have been pending for 2 years. It is typical of INS to take their sweet time to finalize the regulations.

I am not very hopeful that the regulations will come out soon.That is ironic because the intent was to help the aged out children. I would like to be wrong!

I have been reading about all these "children" waiting to hear about their status. These are not "children". You are on your own in the USA when you are 18. You are no longer the responsibility of your parents. American INS agents must be laughing their heads off at the notion of a 25 year old waiting for permission to do something. And why are we saying that these people are "children" when legally in the US they are "adults " and have been since 18. If they are legally adults why don't they come here on their own?? I think that is part of the problem with all the backlog at INS. And what is the cutoff date for these "children"/?? Are they considered children as long as their parents are alive??That is just silly. Anyone over 18 should have to qualify on their own.Either that or we should start making parents of 20 year old ********ers responsible for the acts of their "children"