Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Ariz. candidate proposes shutting off illegal immigrants' utilities

Ariz. candidate proposes shutting off illegal immigrants' utilities

The Associated Press | Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:55 am

A Republican running for the Arizona Corporation Commission says people here illegally should not have use of utilities like power, gas and phones.

Barry WONG of Phoenix also wants state regulated utilities to check the immigration status of customers.

Wong believes Arizona ratepayers shouldn’t have to pay for an illegal immigrant population.

In an interview with The Associated Press Wednesday, Wong said the additional demand on utility services by illegal immigrants would drive up costs for all ratepayers because it puts pressure on the existing infrastructure.

An Arizona Public Service Co. spokesman said they’re not sure how such a policy would be implemented.

Phoenix attorney Julie Pace said Wong’s idea is likely not constitutional because immigration is a federal issue.

http://azstarnet.com/news/stat...66-001cc4c002e0.html

Ariz. candidate proposes shutting off illegal immigrants' utilities

The Associated Press | Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:55 am

A Republican running for the Arizona Corporation Commission says people here illegally should not have use of utilities like power, gas and phones.

Barry WONG of Phoenix also wants state regulated utilities to check the immigration status of customers.

Wong believes Arizona ratepayers shouldn’t have to pay for an illegal immigrant population.

In an interview with The Associated Press Wednesday, Wong said the additional demand on utility services by illegal immigrants would drive up costs for all ratepayers because it puts pressure on the existing infrastructure.

An Arizona Public Service Co. spokesman said they’re not sure how such a policy would be implemented.

Phoenix attorney Julie Pace said Wong’s idea is likely not constitutional because immigration is a federal issue.

http://azstarnet.com/news/stat...66-001cc4c002e0.html

If the illegals are not paying their utility bills, they should be cut off. Otherwise, leave them the h.ell alone!!!

I'd posted a link to this story on my real immigration news thread earlier today. The guy's another wing nut politician jumping on the "what can we do today to make life miserable for illegals and help get me elected in the process" bandwagon, regardless of how stupid, unworkable or unconstitutional it may be. Add him to the growing list of wing nuts America doesn't need.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Someone12
    Shut 'em down...or else send their utility bills to Proud and BritWank.er...if you like illegals so much, pay their bills....I'd love to see proof of that unlikely event.....

Good idea Someone12, let the pinko-commie liberals talk the talk/walk the walk.

Illegals have no right to power. Let them live like they do in Mexico.

Denying ALL state-provided services to illegal aliens is a GREAT idea.

I suspect that is something that simply cannot be done though. Supreme court will throw that one out as cruel and unusual punishment. Plus the infrastructure simply isn't in place to do these checks and besides most landlords even in AZ don't care about immigration status as long as the rent gets paid. And besides won't having to do checks on the immigration status drive up costs of cellphone providers and various other businesses to U.S citizens? I suspect most illegals do pay their bills they won't want to risk a court appearance so the companies will lose money that way and again have to increase the cost of services to USC's

why people so racist and mean ? we are all equal in the eyes of God almighty. let us all love one another like brothers and sisters. who will join me in my crusade for peace and understanding ?