50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: DV 2004

I have just been notified that I have been lucky enough to be in between the 100,000 who been elected to proceede with the DV2004 program.
    Can any one advise on what goes next. I do have quite high ranking number (AS10XXX). What are the timetables are we talking about - to the interview and from the interview. What is actually required and what are the procedures from here on.
    I try to plan a head a bit and wonder is it necessary to start to accumulate all the needed documentation or wait as there might be questions on why there are months old.
    Any insight will be apprechiated.

Thanx

I have just been notified that I have been lucky enough to be in between the 100,000 who been elected to proceede with the DV2004 program.
    Can any one advise on what goes next. I do have quite high ranking number (AS10XXX). What are the timetables are we talking about - to the interview and from the interview. What is actually required and what are the procedures from here on.
    I try to plan a head a bit and wonder is it necessary to start to accumulate all the needed documentation or wait as there might be questions on why there are months old.
    Any insight will be apprechiated.

Thanx

Congratulations on your selection for DV-2004.

Selection Procedures
    There are 50,000 DV visas available for Fiscal Year 2004 but more than that number of individuals are expected to be selected. Because it is likely that some of the first 50,000 persons who are selected will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, selecting a larger number of entries should ensure use of all DV-2004 numbers, but it also risks some selected persons being left out. All applicants who are selected will be informed promptly of their place on the list. Each month visas will be issued, visa number availability permitting, to those applicants who are ready for issuance during that month. Once all of the Fiscal Year 2004 visas have been issued, the program for that year will end. In principle, visa numbers could be finished before September 2004. Selected applicants who wish to receive visas must be prepared to act promptly on their cases. Being chosen randomly in the entry selection process does not automatically guarantee you will receive a visa.

This process is purely random and there is no way to increase one's chances of being selected. Persons who file multiple applications will be eliminated. Successful applicants will likely be notified by mail between April 2003 and July 2003 by the Kentucky Consular Center. Each winner will be given a numerical ranking within the appropriate geographical region. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified. The Kentucky Consular Center will inform all registered applicants of the necessary steps to meet the requirements for formally applying for an immigrant visa. There is no fee for the initial application. Successful applicants will be required to pay a fee later, during adjustment of status or visa processing.

DV-2004 visas will be issued between October 1, 2003 and September 30, 2004. Being selected by the computer is only the first step in obtaining a green card. Winners must either file an application for adjustment of status or start the process of obtaining an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate overseas.

Good luck.

Can one who's out of status, and win the DV2004 change his/her status in the U.S. without going home to the consulate of his/her country of origin?

Thank you Umesh for the reply, though I was aiming more for process after I've been notified that I have been selected (which I allready have).
    How long will it take for an interview to be schedualed (AS10XXX number)?
    What happen after the interview? Is the "Green Card" given immedieatly in the Ambassy or should one get it in the USA? How long does that process take?

Thank you Umesh for the reply, though I was aiming more for process after I've been notified that I have been selected (which I allready have).
    How long will it take for an interview to be schedualed (AS10XXX number)?
    What happen after the interview? Is the "Green Card" given immedieatly in the Ambassy or should one get it in the USA? How long does that process take?