50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Illegal immigrant

Im have a boyfriend of 3 years. He is illegal in the United States. He got into some trouble with drugs and was sent back to mexico, although he had no papers and still doesn't. We have a 15 month old baby and another one on the way. We both discussed getting a lawyer to help with his status and to take care of his violation. He didnt get caught with alot. It was for his personal use. He has been clean for 3 years and has straightened up his life tremendously. I am just so afraid that one day that he will be taken away from me and my kids. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions about my situation and could give me some information. Thank you

Im have a boyfriend of 3 years. He is illegal in the United States. He got into some trouble with drugs and was sent back to mexico, although he had no papers and still doesn't. We have a 15 month old baby and another one on the way. We both discussed getting a lawyer to help with his status and to take care of his violation. He didnt get caught with alot. It was for his personal use. He has been clean for 3 years and has straightened up his life tremendously. I am just so afraid that one day that he will be taken away from me and my kids. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions about my situation and could give me some information. Thank you

he got deported cuz he was illegal. The fact that he got into trouble expedited his removal.

He's barred from the country and chances of getting a waiver are slim. I'm sure like most people he'll just sneak back in like he did the first time, so even me suggesting he can never come back is kinda fruitless. He's probably sitting right next to you in suburban l.a.

-= nav =-

There is no quick or easy solution to your situation. Since your boyfriend entered the US illegaly, he will not be able to get a greencard without having to go back to Mexico. When he does leave the country, he will trigger the 10 year bar. That means that he will not be able to come back to the United States for 10 years. In order to get a waiver to that bar, you and your children will have to prove that it would cause very extreme hardship for you to move to Mexico. In order to even apply, you will have to get married. I am in the same situation. My husband is illegal also. A poster on this board named Spouse is in the process of applying for that waiver, or at least so I understand. You may want to look up some of her threads to gain a better understanding of what you will be going through. It is best to do as much research as you can on your own before getting a lawyer. That way you will be able to make a more informed decision. There is a lot of very good information on this board. You just have to sift through a lot of opinion-trash to find it.
    Have a nice day