50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: i didn't go to the interview

hi,i'm maried to a usc for over three years,but things did,nt go well lately,we were suposed to go fr a stocks interview but we din't go because she din't want to come i don't know wht is going to happend now with the ins how they going to look at my case.do i have any options,i don't want to be out of status.thank you.

hi,i'm maried to a usc for over three years,but things did,nt go well lately,we were suposed to go fr a stocks interview but we din't go because she din't want to come i don't know wht is going to happend now with the ins how they going to look at my case.do i have any options,i don't want to be out of status.thank you.

Sometimes they letyou finish the process even though you are not married anymore. You should have gone to the interview alone.
    This is your first interview right? The one to get permanent residency?
    Well since you've been married 3 years already, they would have given you permanent residency and not conditional residency.
    This page may help you
    http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

That's to remove the conditions but it does say that you can apply for that alone, as long as you can prove you got married in good faith.
    If this is your first interview, I would talk to a lawyer and have them help you.

Good luck and let us know how things are going!

=== Application Procedures as widowed, battered etc.

In some other cases, you get divorce to your spouse, widowed or have been battered or abused by your spouse, you can apply to waive the joint filing requirement. You can apply to remove the conditions on your permanent residence any time after you become a conditional resident and before you are removed from the country.

You are qualified to remove your conditions on permanent residence if:

- Married to the same U.S. citizen (your children may be included in your application)
    - You entered into a marriage in good faith but the marriage was ended through divorce or you were battered by your U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse.
    - Filing the petition automatically grants a six-month extension of conditional residence and extends both employment authorization and advance parole. If petition is not filed on time, the conditional resident may automatically lose his/her conditional status and maybe deported.

=== Waiver to remove the conditions on your residency

However, if you are unable to apply with your spouse to remove the conditions on your residence, you may request a waiver of the joint filing requirement.You may request consideration of more than one waiver provision at a time.

In filing the request for a waiver of the joint petitioning requirements if:

- Your deportation or removal would result in extreme hardship
    - You married in good faith and not to evade immigration laws but the marriage ended up by annulment, divorce, and you were not at fault in failing to file a timely petition or you were battered by your U.S. citizen of legal permanent resident spouse and not at fault in failing to file a joint petition.

As a legal permanent resident, you should have received a permanent resident card. This card will continue to prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently. If you file your INS Form I-751 on time, the INS will extend your conditional resident status for up to 12 months while your petition is under review.

If you applied to remove the "conditions" and denied, you will receive a letter that will tell you why the application was denied. The process to remove you from the country will begin as soon as your application is denied. You will be allowed to have an immigration judge review the denial of your application during removal proceedings. During this review, INS must prove that the facts on your application were untruthful and that your application was properly denied. If the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country, you may appeal this decision within 33 days after the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country. After your appeal form and a required fee are processed, the appeal will be referred to the Board of Immigration Appeals in Washington, D.C.

=== Application Procedures as widowed, battered etc.

In some other cases, you get divorce to your spouse, widowed or have been battered or abused by your spouse, you can apply to waive the joint filing requirement. You can apply to remove the conditions on your permanent residence any time after you become a conditional resident and before you are removed from the country.

You are qualified to remove your conditions on permanent residence if:

- Married to the same U.S. citizen (your children may be included in your application)
    - You entered into a marriage in good faith but the marriage was ended through divorce or you were battered by your U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse.
    - Filing the petition automatically grants a six-month extension of conditional residence and extends both employment authorization and advance parole. If petition is not filed on time, the conditional resident may automatically lose his/her conditional status and maybe deported.

=== Waiver to remove the conditions on your residency

However, if you are unable to apply with your spouse to remove the conditions on your residence, you may request a waiver of the joint filing requirement.You may request consideration of more than one waiver provision at a time.

In filing the request for a waiver of the joint petitioning requirements if:

- Your deportation or removal would result in extreme hardship
    - You married in good faith and not to evade immigration laws but the marriage ended up by annulment, divorce, and you were not at fault in failing to file a timely petition or you were battered by your U.S. citizen of legal permanent resident spouse and not at fault in failing to file a joint petition.

As a legal permanent resident, you should have received a permanent resident card. This card will continue to prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently. If you file your INS Form I-751 on time, the INS will extend your conditional resident status for up to 12 months while your petition is under review.

If you applied to remove the "conditions" and denied, you will receive a letter that will tell you why the application was denied. The process to remove you from the country will begin as soon as your application is denied. You will be allowed to have an immigration judge review the denial of your application during removal proceedings. During this review, INS must prove that the facts on your application were untruthful and that your application was properly denied. If the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country, you may appeal this decision within 33 days after the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country. After your appeal form and a required fee are processed, the appeal will be referred to the Board of Immigration Appeals in Washington, D.C.

You need to let them know you didn't go as well. I forgot to mention that way back when.