free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-751 Interview

We did have the interview yesterday and we promised we will be here to share our experience.

Results:
    Conditions lifted. Another stamp on Yoly's passport. Now waiting for the actual green card to arrive in the mail. We had been told the N-400 can be filed at any time from yesterday.

Timeline:
    I-129f July 23rd, 1999
    K1 Visa received September 27th, 1999
    USA Arrival October 1st, 1999
    Wedding December 4th, 1999
    I-485 (AOS, I-765, Advance Parole) Applied on December 16th, 1999
    Work authorization and advance parole received March 2nd, 2000
    First Interview for AOS July 5th, 2000 Approved as Conditional Permanent Resident
    Green Card received in the mail August 29th, 2000
    I-751 Sent on April 5th, 2002
    Wen to the office to get stamp as required for traveling July 9th, 2003
    Letter dated September 22nd, 2003 with interview scheduled on October 20th, 2003 at 12:30pm
    October 20th, 2003 granted as a Permanent Resident.

I hope this information is helpful for all of you that are out there waiting.

Any questions we will be happy to answered.

We did have the interview yesterday and we promised we will be here to share our experience.

Results:
    Conditions lifted. Another stamp on Yoly's passport. Now waiting for the actual green card to arrive in the mail. We had been told the N-400 can be filed at any time from yesterday.

Timeline:
    I-129f July 23rd, 1999
    K1 Visa received September 27th, 1999
    USA Arrival October 1st, 1999
    Wedding December 4th, 1999
    I-485 (AOS, I-765, Advance Parole) Applied on December 16th, 1999
    Work authorization and advance parole received March 2nd, 2000
    First Interview for AOS July 5th, 2000 Approved as Conditional Permanent Resident
    Green Card received in the mail August 29th, 2000
    I-751 Sent on April 5th, 2002
    Wen to the office to get stamp as required for traveling July 9th, 2003
    Letter dated September 22nd, 2003 with interview scheduled on October 20th, 2003 at 12:30pm
    October 20th, 2003 granted as a Permanent Resident.

I hope this information is helpful for all of you that are out there waiting.

Any questions we will be happy to answered.

Thanks for sharing here your experience and Congratulations....!!! i would like to ask what service center did you apply to ? What do they ask in I 751 interview ? Did you have to provide some more evidences ? If yes please tell here...Thanks ...Pasha

Patel: As I said before our service center was Nebraska.

Questions:
    1.- What is your address? Do you have any other mailing address such as PO? I gave my address and said no I don't have any other mailing addresses.
    2.- Your home phone number (###) 455-$%^&
    3.- Where did you meet? My answer in Venezuela
    he look through some paperwork and after a minute he asked to Wayne:
    So, you met in Florida? My husband say no, we met in Vzla. The officer came back to me and said when did you meet? I said back in February 1999.
    Then he said so what is this wisconsin address?
    My husband said yes we have moved 3 times, do you want me to explain why since may seem a little confusing. The office said please do.
    My husband gave him a long explanation justified with his work experience (which has been the reason why we had moved)
    The officer said ok...as long as you can give me an explanation there is no problem.
    The officer ask me for Mortgage of the house my husband has mentioned we just bought.
    I handed over the paperwork which was a big binder with all kind of proofs (such as joint bank statements, joint leases, life insurances, credit cards as well as the mortgage paperwork he asked for) he look into that and kept looking into the rest of the paperwork he did pay very much attention to the tax returns (jointed as well)
    and when he saw my first W2 attached to our first tax return he asked me what was my job in that school and I replied I worked as a spanish teacher. He said oh good, then he asked me do you work right now? I said yes he said where? I said same company than my husband.
    My husband added yes we are together 24 hrs a day and during the weekends we go "walleye" fishing. The officer smiled and came back to me saying have you had any luck? I said yes, my husband said tell him how many inches I replied 24. The officer laughed and said all legals? we both said yes!!!. He smiled again got two forms out for me to sign. Took my fingerprints. Told me the conditions on my residence are lifted and you will receive the actual green card on the mail. You can apply for citizenship just keep in mind you will need the laminated green card at the oath ceremony since you will have to surrender it.

But for other immigrations purposes you can show this stamp in your passport until you get the new green card valid for 10 years.

Congratulations. He said thats all. We said thank you. He said have a good day. He turned around and shutt off the video camera.

Pasha Patel: I hope this give you an idea of the questioning at the interview. And as you can read yes we did take all paperwork again. Good luck!!!

Patel: As I said before our service center was Nebraska.

Questions:
    1.- What is your address? Do you have any other mailing address such as PO? I gave my address and said no I don't have any other mailing addresses.
    2.- Your home phone number (###) 455-$%^&
    3.- Where did you meet? My answer in Venezuela
    he look through some paperwork and after a minute he asked to Wayne:
    So, you met in Florida? My husband say no, we met in Vzla. The officer came back to me and said when did you meet? I said back in February 1999.
    Then he said so what is this wisconsin address?
    My husband said yes we have moved 3 times, do you want me to explain why since may seem a little confusing. The office said please do.
    My husband gave him a long explanation justified with his work experience (which has been the reason why we had moved)
    The officer said ok...as long as you can give me an explanation there is no problem.
    The officer ask me for Mortgage of the house my husband has mentioned we just bought.
    I handed over the paperwork which was a big binder with all kind of proofs (such as joint bank statements, joint leases, life insurances, credit cards as well as the mortgage paperwork he asked for) he look into that and kept looking into the rest of the paperwork he did pay very much attention to the tax returns (jointed as well)
    and when he saw my first W2 attached to our first tax return he asked me what was my job in that school and I replied I worked as a spanish teacher. He said oh good, then he asked me do you work right now? I said yes he said where? I said same company than my husband.
    My husband added yes we are together 24 hrs a day and during the weekends we go "walleye" fishing. The officer smiled and came back to me saying have you had any luck? I said yes, my husband said tell him how many inches I replied 24. The officer laughed and said all legals? we both said yes!!!. He smiled again got two forms out for me to sign. Took my fingerprints. Told me the conditions on my residence are lifted and you will receive the actual green card on the mail. You can apply for citizenship just keep in mind you will need the laminated green card at the oath ceremony since you will have to surrender it.

But for other immigrations purposes you can show this stamp in your passport until you get the new green card valid for 10 years.

Congratulations. He said thats all. We said thank you. He said have a good day. He turned around and shutt off the video camera.

Pasha Patel: I hope this give you an idea of the questioning at the interview. And as you can read yes we did take all kind of paperwork again. Good luck!!!

Yoly&Wayne:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so glad you are out of this I-751 situation and now you are free and in your way for US Citizenship.

Secondly, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! for coming to the board and posting your experience, IT IS VERY KIND of you guys, thanks a lot because this helps a lot of people.

I am surprised that they have asked you all this questions... it was not simple as many people say.

Were they many couples for I-751 interview? Did you ask them if they have send you a lot of evidence in their package and still got interview letter?

Hi Yoly&Wayne
    Thank you very much for sharing your experience here and providing details of interview which is valuable for everyone....it is very nice of you to come back to this board and give us information. Now we have some sort of ideas what might be asked in I 751 interview if we face one in future.... Thanks a lot and Good luck now for your next step toward citizenship....it's great to have people like you around us in this board...Pasha

Thanks to all of you. The reason why we came back to post our experience is because we did look so much for this kind of posts and people "usually" don't come back and post their experience so we though it will be nice to post ours for those who still waiting.

Aguila:
    I still thinking was really simple. I was more concern if there would be more questioning such as my parent's name or something like that since I always refer to them as DAD or Mom....and my husband does the same. So I was a little worried that my husband wasn't going to remember that. heheh But It wasn't necessary.
    As I said before yes, there were many couples who said they had send all kind of paperwork with their I-751 but also our local office (Detroit) is very well known for calling in for interviews.

Patel: Thank you once again and we are very happy to post our experience and give to you and other who still waiting an idea of the interviews.

Have a great day everyone.

Yoly & Wayne,
    I am just curious why you guys were called to interview for the I-751? Whether rightly or wrongly, I have heard that the percentage of people called for an I-751 is very small which would lead someone to believe that you would only be called for this interview if there was some issue that stood out on your application........or is it just a case of being picked at random whatever is on your application? The reason why I ask is that my initial green card interview was strangely easy....it lasted less than 10 minutes and I was only asked 1 question....that was it.

In addition has Yoly applied for naturalization yet?

we only filed my I-751 back in June of 2003 so we have a very long wait ahead of us before getting to the stage the BCIS will adjudicate the form.

Congrats guys on your approval

Paddy.. I was once told by BCIS that 1/3 get called for interview (I751) Some by review of documentation, others are just random.

They say most high on the criteria list are marriages where there are more than 10 years between spouses.