50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: "Lord" another question for you

I just read your response to someone looking for a lawyer in a marriage case and I want to ask you a question that is related to your answer to this person.

In my personal case, my husband is waiting for an interview now for AOS. We filed for him in October in Los Angeles. So far nothing, though they said right now it takes approximately 9 mos. Do you think it might take an extra long time for us because of the fact that this is my 3rd marriage and that I petitioned for my first husband with whom I lived for 6 years, my second one, with whom I was only married for 4 mos (in this case, he we got married in England, I came back and filed a petition, but abandoned it within 2 months after filing) and now I petitioned for my 3rd husband. Please take into consideration that with my 3rd husband we already have a 1 yr old baby.

Do you think they would be a little suspicious, though all three marriages are not a fraud, though they may seem that at least one of them might be? I don't know. What do you think?

Thanks.

I just read your response to someone looking for a lawyer in a marriage case and I want to ask you a question that is related to your answer to this person.

In my personal case, my husband is waiting for an interview now for AOS. We filed for him in October in Los Angeles. So far nothing, though they said right now it takes approximately 9 mos. Do you think it might take an extra long time for us because of the fact that this is my 3rd marriage and that I petitioned for my first husband with whom I lived for 6 years, my second one, with whom I was only married for 4 mos (in this case, he we got married in England, I came back and filed a petition, but abandoned it within 2 months after filing) and now I petitioned for my 3rd husband. Please take into consideration that with my 3rd husband we already have a 1 yr old baby.

Do you think they would be a little suspicious, though all three marriages are not a fraud, though they may seem that at least one of them might be? I don't know. What do you think?

Thanks.

***ping up for "Lord"

The officer who interviews you may be inclined to question your previous marriages, but they understand that sometimes it takes a little longer to find the right person. If there aren't any other reasons for the officer to doubt the sincerity of your current marriage, they will just check to make sure everything is legal (proper dissolution of your previous marriages) and move on. If they do question your current marriage, the delays will happen after your interview. You will get a laundry list of requirements to prove you are not in a sham marriage. BCIS is generally backlogged, so it may take longer than the time they initially told you to get to the interview.

If the situation was reversed- you were an alien on your third marriage to a USC trying to get a green card- then I would worry. That just screams fraudulent intent...but some times it is good, which is why they have the interview.

The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Thank you, Lord very much! That makes sence