50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: denied advanced parole

my husband was denied advanced parole, father in hospital in different country.
    we have been waiting almost 5 yrs for a decission from ins on giving him a green card or not,. he does have a bit of a criminal record. possession- dismissed,. shop lifting under 50. and dwi and other driving record. he is in the golden oldies files. wondering what now, do we need to get a lawyer,. havent as yet, but this is getting to be crazy.
    wish if they were going to deny him they would have done so before we had our son . i understand there are issues but lets get on with it.would a lawyer move this along any faster? or am i wasting my money?

we have been waiting almost 5 yrs for a decission from ins on giving him a green card or not,. he does have a bit of a criminal record. possession- dismissed,. shop lifting under 50. and dwi and other driving record. he is in the golden oldies files. wondering what now, do we need to get a lawyer,. havent as yet, but this is getting to be crazy.
    wish if they were going to deny him they would have done so before we had our son . i understand there are issues but lets get on with it.would a lawyer move this along any faster? or am i wasting my money?

What did you apply for? Adjustment of status based on marriage?
    How did he enter the US?
    A lawyer wouldn't make things move any quicker.
    Have you tried asking the status of your petition?

yes we applied for adjustment due to marriage. we have gone personnaly to immigration and are always told that our case is pending and that they cant tell us how long.

posted June 29, 2002 08:41 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank, mandy,

I'm sorry to say but with three criminal records this person most likely will be denied...anyway,

Frank/Mandy,

Do NOT ask INS for anything at all because they might well arrest you for being a three-times convicted criminal alien. You'll be kept in INS's custody until deported to your home country. Read the stories of other people on this boards.