free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

Hello, I hope someone out there has a answer for me. Here is the question. I'm a US born citizen and have been married to a wonderful UK citizen for almost 2yrs now. After we were married in the US we moved to the UK. After 8mos we decided to move to the US, so I flew back this pass june to start paper work for the I-130 and the K3 visa. After 3mos we couldnt stand being apart anymore so I flew back to the UK. His K3 visa was approved and now he has recieved his packet from the embassy in London and I open it to find a form of Affidavit of Support. I dont have a job in the US and neither does he and I dont have any family in the US that can sponser him. Soon as we get back I plan of course to get a job straight away and so will he when he can start work. Welfare is the last thing that we wish to live on and I know that is the states dept. deal, but is there a way round this? Is there something else we can do that we are not aware of? We are in our 40's and just want to get on with our lives. We would stay here but England's employment over the age of 40 becomes very hard to be employed, but we both have a lot of options in the US.But I wont bore you with our life stories, but if anyone could offer some insight I would greatly appreciate it. thankyou

Hello, I hope someone out there has a answer for me. Here is the question. I'm a US born citizen and have been married to a wonderful UK citizen for almost 2yrs now. After we were married in the US we moved to the UK. After 8mos we decided to move to the US, so I flew back this pass june to start paper work for the I-130 and the K3 visa. After 3mos we couldnt stand being apart anymore so I flew back to the UK. His K3 visa was approved and now he has recieved his packet from the embassy in London and I open it to find a form of Affidavit of Support. I dont have a job in the US and neither does he and I dont have any family in the US that can sponser him. Soon as we get back I plan of course to get a job straight away and so will he when he can start work. Welfare is the last thing that we wish to live on and I know that is the states dept. deal, but is there a way round this? Is there something else we can do that we are not aware of? We are in our 40's and just want to get on with our lives. We would stay here but England's employment over the age of 40 becomes very hard to be employed, but we both have a lot of options in the US.But I wont bore you with our life stories, but if anyone could offer some insight I would greatly appreciate it. thankyou

Do you have life insurance, cash, savings or property? Or does your husband have properties and savings too? This might help.

Anyway hope to hear another ppl opinion on this. I'm not a lawyer, pls act accordingly.

no we dont. No savings, no life insurance, not even any cash to speak of.

Affaidavit of Support can be filed by anyone, who is willing to commit to the US govmnt that they will be financially responsbile for 10 years or up to point that alien gans US citizenship. Any ald friends neighbors in the USA could do it, if they are willing.

Mind you, with neither of you employed and no cash to speak of..might be better for you alone to return to usa, secure good paying job first.

no way am I going back to the US without my husband. When we leave this country it will be together. The state dept. told me when I called them that the only people that could sponser us was a family member in the US or a employer. We were seperated twice now due to this goverment BS and we wont do it again. We are just going to have to find a way. There has to be one. I dont understand why if the immagration approved and you think you got the visa and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, that you now have to get the state dept to approve. does the state and immagration depts not trust each other? This support issue wasnt even mentioned on the previous paper work we did to get this far.

If you are going to the US without a job, where are you going to sleep? How are you going to buy food?

But my dear, there is a way...follow the prescribed protocol, or get yourself a job first!

Swiss, what do you mean follow the prescribed protocol? After we sell everything in our house here we will have enough to get plane tickets and over in the USA we have plenty of family to put us up and we will have some cash to get through till I get a job but not the amount the state dept will like. Its just none of my family has enough income to meet the guide lines that the state has set up.I have 3 grown sons in the states that wanted to try and sponser him but they dont make enough. I mean if the whole deal is they dont want him on welfare then red flag him on the welfare computers. Make it so new immagrants cant get welfare.I mean who cares I have never nor will I ever live off the dam welfare. I raised 3 sons on my own working 2 jobs and put myself through school and never ask a thing from the goverment. There has got to be a way to get around this without me having to fly back 4000miles and get a job and leave my husband and not see him for how long. We just cant do that again, be seperated.I f I hadent come back here to be with him after I filed papers we will have been seperated for the last 7mos.How do they expect 2 pp to try and have a marriage like that. I just dont get it.Its like a pentalty for marrying someone from another country.

Sorry...double posted.