publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Duplicate I-130 filing, will cause problem??

Sorry to double post this -- for got the question mark!

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is wrong. I recently married my longtime USC girlfriend and she mailed the I-130 to the Service Center, not realizing she could have filed the whole package of I-485, etc. together. What would happen if we sent a new I-130, I-485...etc. to our local office, as was required. Should we then wait until we get a response from then before taking away the earlier filed I-130. (I was told it is much shorter if you file all concurrently, so, I thought maybe it would be better to refile) any suggestions? I have overstayed my student visa (entered legally) because ran out of funds, and was going to get married anyway. Thanks for any suggestions. We don't want to do anything illegal, but I think it's better if we file all parts together, but don't know if we'll get in trouble if we have two I-130s out there for a bit.

Sorry to double post this -- for got the question mark!

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is wrong. I recently married my longtime USC girlfriend and she mailed the I-130 to the Service Center, not realizing she could have filed the whole package of I-485, etc. together. What would happen if we sent a new I-130, I-485...etc. to our local office, as was required. Should we then wait until we get a response from then before taking away the earlier filed I-130. (I was told it is much shorter if you file all concurrently, so, I thought maybe it would be better to refile) any suggestions? I have overstayed my student visa (entered legally) because ran out of funds, and was going to get married anyway. Thanks for any suggestions. We don't want to do anything illegal, but I think it's better if we file all parts together, but don't know if we'll get in trouble if we have two I-130s out there for a bit.

Anyone know what would happen or if this is legal?

why woudn't you call personally the INS and explain this to them...they will better advise you than anyone...just make sure to talk to 2 or 3 different INS officer because sometimes they just say whatever specially if they're busy...
    but I don't think this is a problem or something illegal since you just want to make sure that everything was correctly sent...

If you have sent I-130 to the Service Center it will take some time to get approved. Just wait for couple of days and when you receive Receipt Notice from the Service Center then file the rest of the package including application for EAD alongwith copy of I-130 and Receipt Notice. Different persons can file I-130 for a single person. But single person can not file multiple I-130 for same person. Just wait and sit tight.
    Good luck.