50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Agony

Hello everyone,I am new to this board.My story is as follows:Entered 1991 as a K1 married got conditional.Wife leaves for Milatary two weeks after interview and sent me devorce papers 2 months later.I never petioned to have my conditional removed.In 1996 I received a noticed informing me that my right to reside and work were terminated retroactive to 12/4/93.In 1998 I met a lovely young lady I later married in 2001.She filed form I 130 was approved.Filed I 485,interview date was 10/16/03.This turned out to be one of the most difficult days of my young life.I presented my letter and took a seat for my 10.30 am appt.At minutes to noon my wife an d I were called to window and told that because I came in as K1 got conditional and did not have it removed I was not eligible to be interviewed at the office.Officer told my wife and I that my wife should file to have me go to my country of origin to be inteviewed.That would result in a 10 yr bar for me.I need an attorney in the New York area who is familiar with similar cases.
    Is there anyone out there with a similar saga?
    Please help I'm losing my mind.
    Thanks for your replies.

Hello everyone,I am new to this board.My story is as follows:Entered 1991 as a K1 married got conditional.Wife leaves for Milatary two weeks after interview and sent me devorce papers 2 months later.I never petioned to have my conditional removed.In 1996 I received a noticed informing me that my right to reside and work were terminated retroactive to 12/4/93.In 1998 I met a lovely young lady I later married in 2001.She filed form I 130 was approved.Filed I 485,interview date was 10/16/03.This turned out to be one of the most difficult days of my young life.I presented my letter and took a seat for my 10.30 am appt.At minutes to noon my wife an d I were called to window and told that because I came in as K1 got conditional and did not have it removed I was not eligible to be interviewed at the office.Officer told my wife and I that my wife should file to have me go to my country of origin to be inteviewed.That would result in a 10 yr bar for me.I need an attorney in the New York area who is familiar with similar cases.
    Is there anyone out there with a similar saga?
    Please help I'm losing my mind.
    Thanks for your replies.

As I understand your case, you should be able to apply for the I-601 waiver. It can be a nightmare and a half, but there are lots of us going though it. Check out some of our posts!

Talk to Sammy he knows about these things.