Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attempt to get illegal US visa

Hi:

Here is my problem (I guess a tricky one!): I tried to get a US visit visa from my native country on fake documents in 1997. The US embassy staff handed me over to the local authorities, who filed a case against me, the result of which is still pending. I hope to get an acquittal on some technical grounds.

Meanwhile, my wife has become a US citizen and has filed a case for an immigrant visa for me. I want to ask what will be the reaction of the US officials? Will they grant me an immigrant visa or deny outrightly?

My four-years-old daughter is also a US citizen.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maxim

Hi:

Here is my problem (I guess a tricky one!): I tried to get a US visit visa from my native country on fake documents in 1997. The US embassy staff handed me over to the local authorities, who filed a case against me, the result of which is still pending. I hope to get an acquittal on some technical grounds.

Meanwhile, my wife has become a US citizen and has filed a case for an immigrant visa for me. I want to ask what will be the reaction of the US officials? Will they grant me an immigrant visa or deny outrightly?

My four-years-old daughter is also a US citizen.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maxim

this one is easy...you were likely found ineligible for having attempted something called mispresentation and fraud in order to obtain a visa or other benefit from the US government. Most likely you are ineligible for a visa of ANY KIND. This means that you will have to obtain something called a waiver (like temporary forgiveness) and to get it, you and your spouse will have to demonstrate EXTREME HARDSHIP (which is not just being apart). This is also unlikely since you have never worked in the US ( I hope) and thus are not likely to be the sole means of financial support. Moreover, I doubt that anyone at the embassy is going to go out of their way to help someone who tried to scam or cheat their way into the US. If they have anything to say about your case, it probably won't be positive. Of course, this is your fault for trying to lie, cheat and scam the US government. Who might feel sorry for you? I do not know nor care. You deserve any penalty we have. The worse, the better. The United States of American does not, in my opinion, need to import scam artists and cheats.

The last response was pretty hard, but it is true. There is a line in there that asks of you misrepresented facts. One thing to get away with it but you were caught.

Unfortunately, your family will have to come and live with you or you will have to immigrate to another country.

Many people use false docs as they think this is the only way to get in, but people, this is NOT the answer, you just gotta have faith.

I am sorry.

You can try for a waiver, but you will definately be banned, how long? I do not know, but at least you can look into it.

Goodluck

Well, yes, Anon's reply was hard, but, who tried to commit the fraud, got caught and then wants to get off via some technicality? Not Anon. It was Maxim. Maxim cheerfully admits his failed attempt at fraud, but acts like it's no big deal. Offering fake papers trying to get a visa should be punished. Nobody knows what other kind of mischief he may have tried once in the United States. I don't know what the penalty is exactly for bringing fake papers, but it should be severe enough to discourage this kind of thing.

Come on folks, let's get real.This guy (Maxim) tried to get a visa by presenting fake documents, and then after he was found out, he wants some kind of forgiveness? IS this the kind of person we want in America?

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Maxim did not kill anyone in order to get his visa; his offense is pretty minor compared to capital crimes and drug possession.

Maxim, talk to a good attorney.
    Good luck to you!

Anna

Anon,
    I definately hear and agree with what you were/are saying. I hate the idea of people coming here on false pretenses.

I was just trying to make it clear to this person, that with regards to coming over here "it ain't gonna happen" unless there is some glitch in the system.

I agree with you 100%, however, I was just putting in 'nice nice' terms.

People tend to be very sensitive on this board, so I was just trying to be "politically correct" whatever that means.

Bottom line:
    Fraud should always be discouraged.

Anna: so fraud is a minor issue? I found out that the penalty for someone trying to commit fraud against the US government when asking for a visa is that person is PERMANENTLY INELGIBILE for a visa for the rest of their life! It doesn't sound like this "minor offense" is viewed as minor.

First of all, I'll give Maxim credit for posting and admitting he committed fraud. He probably expected to receive flak for coming in the open but he still did, so for that Maxim, you get some points.

However, like the others, I do not agree with the way you made it seem minor. Hoping to get off on technicality doesn't show any remorse or any kind of character on your part. I'm sorry to judge you harshly, this is just an impression I got from what your wrote. I don't know you and you may be a good person, it's just the way you conveyed your thoughts.

In any case, a waiver, as already mentioned, is your only hope. I hope your use of fake documents when you tried to get a Visa was only due to the extreme desire you have to be with your family and not a sign of a corrupt personality.

May this be a lesson to you and everyone that you have to think before you act. A simple remedy now may mean a grave and irrepairable consequence later on.

Nonetheless, Maxim, good luck and best wishes to your family.