50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Spousal visa

Does anyone know how long we can expect delays and slow down of processing I-130.
    My husbands petition was accepted June 12 2002. The acknowledgement stated 115 - 145 days. Each time we call to follow up on progress they have simply upped the processing period. We are now quoted 210 - 240 days to process and we are sitting at about 112 days.
    I am a US citizen living in Canada, my husband is Canadian - we have been married 15 years - he has not entered the US since his application. We dont forsee any problems - should we watch for any? Sorry for long post.

Does anyone know how long we can expect delays and slow down of processing I-130.
    My husbands petition was accepted June 12 2002. The acknowledgement stated 115 - 145 days. Each time we call to follow up on progress they have simply upped the processing period. We are now quoted 210 - 240 days to process and we are sitting at about 112 days.
    I am a US citizen living in Canada, my husband is Canadian - we have been married 15 years - he has not entered the US since his application. We dont forsee any problems - should we watch for any? Sorry for long post.

not 112days

I don't know how things are, but I know that My husband and I filed our I-130 on September 4, 2001 and were approved by January 2002. They quoted a much longer time frame, but processed it relatively quickly.

No guarantees, but I hope you have a similar experience.

Your processing time was only 4 months or so, ours is at 7 - what happened after you were approved? How long till your interview, and after final interview what was the next step?
    You can email me direct at tmpasofino@look.ca I would really appreciate talking with you

Actually I can't be much of a help unfortunately, our processing time for the I-130 was about five months, which was very close to the lower end of the possible processing times that they told us.

Hopefully, yours will come soon!

Unfortunately, after that I can't be much of a help. We had an "interview" for the DS-230 in South America, but we have to apply for a waiver and therefore will be waiting much longer than you to arrive at the final step, if we get there at all!

I wish you lots of luck. Let us know when you get your approval!

Good luck with yours as well..