free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why NYC does not send receipt notice for AOS

I filed my AOS based on marriage to USC on March 03 with my lawyer. He told me to wait 3,4 months before i get my EAD. I have not received any letter or EAD yet.The laywer also said that NYC office does not send out receipt notice..
    Is this correct? How do i check the status my of AOS if i don't have a number.

I filed my AOS based on marriage to USC on March 03 with my lawyer. He told me to wait 3,4 months before i get my EAD. I have not received any letter or EAD yet.The laywer also said that NYC office does not send out receipt notice..
    Is this correct? How do i check the status my of AOS if i don't have a number.

why don't you visit the nyc office and make inquiry as regard this.it seems a little bit odd as you supposed to have gotten your ead by now.

just called my lawyer.He said INS received my AOS application on April 3. Again, he said that NYC office does not give any receive notice number or anything. Is it true or he is lying.
    The processing time at VSC is working on I 765 EAD received by April 14. Should I wait a little more or should I go to INS and make an inquiry.
    Thanks

I filed my AOS in NYC, it was received 5/21/03. Checks cashed 5/27/03. I got a yellow receipt from them on 6/2/03. with a reference #. I believe the EAD waiting time is 120+ days now for NYC. I would wait a little longer. You could try and call NYC or get your lawyer to, it's crazy down there, last time I was there I was on line for 5 hours just to get information. You could wait on line all day and still not get any answers. Depending how you paid for the AOS there may be reference numbers on the back of your cashed checks or money orders,there aren't any on mine, but a lot of people have said their A#'s were written on their checks by BCIS before they were cashed. The bank can give you copies of the checks, I don't know how you would get copies of Money Orders though. Good Luck!

thanks for the reply everyone. My lawyer filed my AOS and pay with the firm check so i don't think if possible to find out the A#.
    Also, i would like to know how long it takes to get the EAD card once you got the appointment

You suppose got it by 6th June. Its over 90 days already. Hmmm...don't your lawyer ever get any Notice of Action letter from BCIS?

As far as I know once you get an appointment you get the EAD that day. As I said before the waiting time is now 4 months or more for EAD in NYC, but you can go down there and get it yourself after 90 days. My 90 days will be up at the end of August, so I suppose if I don't get an appointment before then (and I doubt that I will) I'll have to go downtown (with my receipt) and get it myself, they'll issue it that day. I hear people start lining up at 2:am or earlier and BCIS will only process the first 50 EAD applicants in line each day once they open the doors. So that's something to look forward to!

hey andy,
    why don't you ask your lawyer to give you the reciept number since he said they got your applications already. that way you can track down your application yourself.i believe no lawyer will wait in line for you for 5 hours.
    good luck

My point was you can try and call NYC for info, but that never got me anywhere, I just went down there instead for info out of frustration(before I filed AOS) and was on line for 5 hours and I wasn't any wiser after I spoke to somebody. In the end I figured it out myself and never used a lawyer either. I just don't think you should waste your time standing in line for hours and not achieve anything. Your lawyer must have a way of finding out your A# or a receipt#, he's your lawyer,you're paying him, he's supposed to be working for you, make him work!