free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bush doing the right thing

THE fact that the president is doing something for illegal immigrants,has made me gain a little more respect for him because even though a lot of people come to the us illegally alot of those people just want to live the american dream.a job.house.car.and a family.so as small as it might be that the president is doing for illegal immi.its still the right thing. thank u and god bless america.

THE fact that the president is doing something for illegal immigrants,has made me gain a little more respect for him because even though a lot of people come to the us illegally alot of those people just want to live the american dream.a job.house.car.and a family.so as small as it might be that the president is doing for illegal immi.its still the right thing. thank u and god bless america.

Well good for you and those who are illegals..
    I wish I could say the same for people like me who spent so much and followed the rules...

I should have been illegal...

This is what we call fairness....huh

In a way i'm glad. I have a lot of Canadian friends i'd like to have come down and live here. And now they have an easy route.

Ditto for a lot of Indian h1b's and l1b's who now can stay illegal and still get gc's long after their jobs are finished. No reason to go back home.

-= nav =-

Thanks Bush for creating more paperwork and longer wait times for my spouse's 1-130 petition to get processed in Texas. Dump more work, forms, and of course no more money into TSC. Repuklicans have always s-u-c-k-e-d

Michael
    I am a true American (Republican) and I OPPOSE this move by Bush. It is unfair to the honest grints and rewards cheating. I am dissappointed by Bush.

Never heard so much b!tching and moaning in my life...........cry me a river all of you. Life is unfair. I can point to many aspects in my life where I could have sounded like you and said: "Ah, that is unfair." But there comes a time when you must move on and quit crying over spilled milk. It's called tough love.

>Life is unfair.

We'll remember that when a loved one of yours needs to get cancer treatment, but is put on a list cuz the hospital is filled up right now with illegals (i mean legals now) requiring it first.

Or when your car gets stolen, and is now sitting in mexico on it's way to brazil. Just shrug and take it buddy! Be a man!

-= nav =-

Rollen--you've been misled. The "American
    Dream" is still beyond the reach of illegal aliens. Bush's plan clearly provides no link between the temporary visa program and permanent residency. Visa holders would still have to meet all the requirements for getting a green card, including sponsorship and income requirements. They would still have to wait in line behind legal immigrants who have already applied (which could literally take years, given that the INS is already backlogged, and that millions of illegals would apply) during which time their temporary visas could expire and they would be required to leave.

The Washington Post this morning has an article which mentions a Salvadoran man, now age 36, who has been here "temporarily" since he was 13, with 6 temporary visas. He is a construction foreman, but notes that he hasn't been able to buy a house, etc., because at any time his status could change back to illegal and he could be deported. That's what illegals will have to look forward to with Bush's plan--more of the same that they have now, only with the plan, government will have a better record of who and where they are.

The program is open for legal immigrants as well. I do not see the problem.