50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess my immigrant adventures just began, huh??? :)

hi everyone!!! I would appreciate your time and comments on my situation...I entered US on the 21 May 2009 at Washington, Dulles as a POE, I had conditional residence granted in February 09. I had the envelope that was examined by the INS officer and all that comes with it. He had my fingerprints done and had my passport looked through. After that he handed me the passport and welcomed me in US. I left US after 2 weeks of my vacation with the family to my work location. So far, no green card received, no news, and in addition to all that I keep reading online that the passport should have been stamped with I-551 which didnít take place at POE.

hi everyone!!! I would appreciate your time and comments on my situation...I entered US on the 21 May 2009 at Washington, Dulles as a POE, I had conditional residence granted in February 09. I had the envelope that was examined by the INS officer and all that comes with it. He had my fingerprints done and had my passport looked through. After that he handed me the passport and welcomed me in US. I left US after 2 weeks of my vacation with the family to my work location. So far, no green card received, no news, and in addition to all that I keep reading online that the passport should have been stamped with I-551 which didnít take place at POE.

Hi Tatianka and welcome,

I would check with USCIS to determine why they didn't stamp your passport. Are you currently residing in the US or another country?

You left the U.S. 2 weeks after you entered to go back to work overseas? Yeah, your adventures are just begining. You just lost your residency.

Did you get it by conditional marriage to a USC? And you aren't living in the U.S. with your wife?

Yeah, your adventures are just begining.

And Proud, USCIS will not know, as they are CBP, who work at Ports-of-Entry.

You haven't lost your residency yet. As a PR you can remain outside the US for up to 1yr. That said, if you only spent 2 weeks here before leaving it doesn't look good when you try to re-enter. Permanent Resident status means living in the USA for the majority of the time not coming and going as you please. It's a famous old myth you can "re-validate" the PR status just by entering once a year.

I hope you have somebody at the US address you gave on entry who can mail on your PR card. It can take 3-4 weeks to arrive. You should really have waited till it arrived before leaving.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

yeah, one year, but remember lprs are tracked now in USVISIT, much easier than TECS to know how long you are out each time. Looks like marriage fraud too. Hopefully CBP will catch you next time.

Just In Case Anyone Is Confused???

federale86 appears To understand Things Others cannot Comprehend!!! It Is real!!! And Worldwide Jungle Rules Can kill You! Without Second Thought Or first thought!!!

You Cannot Think like everyone Else!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Hi! I work on a US base in Afghanistan. I'm a contractor just like my american husband...

hey, just to make it clear for you,buddy...me and my husband do contracting overseas and we get 4 getaways per year...