free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: overstayed! deportation?

i am getting married soon to my bf. i was wondering that i have to be afraid that they can deport me even that i am married to a USC?
    and what kinda paper do i have to file?
    im thankful for every help.
    ina

i am getting married soon to my bf. i was wondering that i have to be afraid that they can deport me even that i am married to a USC?
    and what kinda paper do i have to file?
    im thankful for every help.
    ina

What's your status now?

No, you won't be deported as long as you get your butt of the chair, and go get the forms you need to apply for change of status.
    From the time you send your file to the INS, you won't have any problem at all, but play it safe and send your necessary papers.
    Go to the website below, and they have the forms, explaining what you need to send the ins.
    WWW.ins.gov

The complete web site is www.ins.usdoj.gov

Just to add to file ur papers u should have been inspected at port of entry i.e to enter USA with a visa.

being married (or even worse yet, just haven gotten married recently), doesn't eliminate the eligibility for removal.

If you can adjust, without the threat of removal, depends on what the basis for a "deportation" is in your case.

If it is a moderate to serious criminal conviction etc., a marriage to a U.S. citizen will have next to nothing of an effect to keep you here. If it is an overstay or out-of-status issue, your spouse may have to file some waivers (for inadmissiability etc.) and have more evidence available that the marriage is indeed bona fida and not to just adjust your status.

Good luck!

i came to the us with an inspection.. so the crime i did was just overstaying. i was just wondering that if i apply that they might deport me for overstaying.
    i gave up everything back home and dont wanna go back and the most important reason .. i dont wanna leave my bf.

As long as you entered legally , your overstaying is forgiven. Even if you worked without authorization that won't be revisited by the IIO. You're safe girl, congratulations!You don't need any waiver for these violations that I mentioned.

if you have overstayed by more than 180 days you are subject to a bar from the USA. However, if you have committed no other crime, you are eligible for a waiver called the I-601. Do not quote me on this, and you may want to double check it, but I believe that if you file for adjustment of status and the I-601 you will not be required to leave the country until after you receive notification regarding the approval or denial of your case.

If you are denied, I am under the impression that you will be given voluntary departure (deportation) and asked to leave the country until your bar is over.

The waiver process should take at least a year before you are accepted or denied. I believe you may also appeal if you are denied.

I am not 100% sure of this, but either way, if you overstayed by more than 180 days I recommend that you at least consult with a lawyer.

In the meantime DON'T LEAVE THE USA!!!!

Good luck!