50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: i want to ger married,but i'm an illigal imigrant

Hi!I came here with a J1 Visa,with two-year home country presence requirement,and i overstayed one year and a few weeks.I have a boyfriend who is a us citizen.We are together for one year,and we want to get married.What can we do?Do we need the marriage licence first?Can we do all the process from here,without me going back to my country?I don't want to go there,because it will be so hard to came back,because i overstayed my visa.We love each other,and we care about each other so much.We are reading a lot about this from the internet,but it's really complicated,and confusing.We want to talk with a lawyer,but we want as many opinions,as posibile.I started to became depressed,because i know,that i don't have too many chances.So,please,give us some solutions,if there are some.I thank everybody anticipate,from all my heart.

Hi!I came here with a J1 Visa,with two-year home country presence requirement,and i overstayed one year and a few weeks.I have a boyfriend who is a us citizen.We are together for one year,and we want to get married.What can we do?Do we need the marriage licence first?Can we do all the process from here,without me going back to my country?I don't want to go there,because it will be so hard to came back,because i overstayed my visa.We love each other,and we care about each other so much.We are reading a lot about this from the internet,but it's really complicated,and confusing.We want to talk with a lawyer,but we want as many opinions,as posibile.I started to became depressed,because i know,that i don't have too many chances.So,please,give us some solutions,if there are some.I thank everybody anticipate,from all my heart.

Aby. I'm not 100% sure on your case, but from what I've read with marriage to a US citizen, then overstay will be forgiven. If you dont have any other red flags, such as criminal behavior/medical problems, it should be OK. You need to get married and file for the 130 & adjust status. If you the have the money, I would at least consult with a lawyer since ur case is bit difficult due to overstay.