50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: preferencial legal permanent residence

hey guys i need ur help, i came into the states with a v-2 visa prior to the passing of the child status protection act,believing that i would be able to adjust my status and continue my life.getting here i became 21 and unfortunately the child status act does not protect me.i abandoned my three years in college where i was taking mathematics to come here.my family all live here some citizens, some lpr's.
    due to my ageing out i can not adjust my status, i can not work and my life is just turned apart.
    my question is can i appear before an immigration judge to argue my case, coz if i go back to my country am going back to nothing ,everything i lived for before coming over here to discover the cspa is gone.
    i will appreciate any help,thanx

hey guys i need ur help, i came into the states with a v-2 visa prior to the passing of the child status protection act,believing that i would be able to adjust my status and continue my life.getting here i became 21 and unfortunately the child status act does not protect me.i abandoned my three years in college where i was taking mathematics to come here.my family all live here some citizens, some lpr's.
    due to my ageing out i can not adjust my status, i can not work and my life is just turned apart.
    my question is can i appear before an immigration judge to argue my case, coz if i go back to my country am going back to nothing ,everything i lived for before coming over here to discover the cspa is gone.
    i will appreciate any help,thanx

Sorry about the above post.

John, I truly am so sorry to hear about your situation. At this moment and time, I have no answer for you, but I am going to do some research in hopes to help find you a solution.

I will get back to you as soon as possible and I hope I will have some good news for you.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Could maybe one of your or others please advice this person on what to do?

We really need to give him some direction if we can, please!

One Heart

To get help you must provide more information about yourself. For Instance:

* Who and when had applied for you when you got
    V-2 Visa etc.?

* What is status of your parents individually?

With this and more detailed information, somebody will be able to help you.

Good luck.

my mother filled for me in 1998, she is a lpr, but has filled for citizenship my father does not live here, but all my sibblings live here, some of my sibblings are citizens some are lpr's.i got the v-2 in 2002 feb, and my priority date is june 30 2003, but with the cspa not covering me it sends my priority date back to 1996.

Your V-2 Visa allows you to stay here for two years and by that time your mother will be Citizen. Once your mother is citizen then your Category will be changed and you will get your residency much quicker.
    Good luck.

Thank you so much, Shadow.

God Bless You!

Best of Luck, john. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers!