publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Fiancee Visa Processing Time <<< Expedition???

Filed for K1 visa this month, have all documentation and using a lawyer. Does anyone have experience from american citizen trying to get someone to the USA from Kosovo? How long did you have to wait to get them here?
    Also, I heard there is a way to expedite the process.Is this true? How much $$? I dont care anymore what I have to do to get him here, or how much it costs. He was hurt in an accident and I need to get him here as soon as possible.

Filed for K1 visa this month, have all documentation and using a lawyer. Does anyone have experience from american citizen trying to get someone to the USA from Kosovo? How long did you have to wait to get them here?
    Also, I heard there is a way to expedite the process.Is this true? How much $$? I dont care anymore what I have to do to get him here, or how much it costs. He was hurt in an accident and I need to get him here as soon as possible.

you cannot expedite any visa application, i tried, i had congress call and wrote to the newspapers, my congressman tried all he could, but to no avail, the k visa will take 4-6months, i know it is hard for all of us waiting on K visas but it will eventually happen, just prays its 4 rather than 6

There is a "Premium" processing service the INS has, where for $1000, they will pretty much make your filing their 1st priority and cut the waiting time dramatically. Unfortunately, this processing is only for employment based filing as there are situations where companies will need foreign workers asap and will pay the fee to expedite their foreign worker.
    It's too bad INS doesn't expand this "premium" process toward other areas of immigration filings. This can be a "win-win" situation, where not only will they increase their revenue stream some more (other than their filing fee hikes), but those waiting excruciatingly long will get to find out the outcome of their filing. Heck, I wish the INS issues stock, because I'd be a rich man!

You should expect that INS will take 6-12 weeks to process your I 129F. After approval, it will then be sent to the embassy in the country where your fiancee lives - this will take 2-3 weeks, depending on the mail. The embassy will then send out a packet of papers, forms, etc to your fiancee and schedule an interview date, based on the workload of the embassy. On average this will be 6-8 weeks after receipt of the approved I 129F. Most embassies work on the 'first come first served' basis and will not move someone up in the queue. If you were ahead of someone, you would not want others to be placed ahead of you just for convenience.
    While there is a $1000 'premium processing fee' available to be paid for work based petitions (like H1B) it does not exist yet for fiancee petitions. Writing INS or congress won't really change anything...the wheels just have to turn, though it may seem slowly at times.