50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: RE: Unfairness of International Advisor

Hello, I am an F1 student graduating in the fall semester of 2002 with a Bsc in Comp. The problem I have is that the international advisor declared me out of status because, during the end of my first semester as a COOP (1998)I did not sign out with them for the next consecutive semesters. The problem exists due to them not informing me that I needed to sign out with them for the next semesters that I had to work, all I thought I had to do was to sign in and out at the Carrer office, which I kept doing. My defense is if I knew I had to do this why would I not do it since it's a simple process to put myself at risk?

I feel that it's unfair for them to do this considering that I had was the one who inquired to why this was not been done, this was after I had read some immigration literature about COOP program. On the same note I mentioned that I had changed my major from electrical to computer, and the DSO told me not to worry about it since I had already done it, and there was no need to inform the INS about that, but they went ahead declaring me out of status and refused to sign any documents, they mentioned my only hope was to reinstate and go to mexico, and they even gave me a contact person there to assist me for a fee while in Mexico. I did not take their advice and I resulted to continue working at my COOP job, until summer semester of 2002 when I got terminated for not having proper documentation.

I have taped conversations with the DSO, that would indicate the wrong advice from my stand point that the DSO gave to me, and my defense that I was not informed about signing in and out with the DSO after a COOP semster.I have left some few things out, because of space, but do I have a case against them or do I speak to the president of the University and try to see if there is help from her, or do I seek proffesional help? Would it be difficult to process a H1? Thank you very much for your time.

Jack

Hello, I am an F1 student graduating in the fall semester of 2002 with a Bsc in Comp. The problem I have is that the international advisor declared me out of status because, during the end of my first semester as a COOP (1998)I did not sign out with them for the next consecutive semesters. The problem exists due to them not informing me that I needed to sign out with them for the next semesters that I had to work, all I thought I had to do was to sign in and out at the Carrer office, which I kept doing. My defense is if I knew I had to do this why would I not do it since it's a simple process to put myself at risk?

I feel that it's unfair for them to do this considering that I had was the one who inquired to why this was not been done, this was after I had read some immigration literature about COOP program. On the same note I mentioned that I had changed my major from electrical to computer, and the DSO told me not to worry about it since I had already done it, and there was no need to inform the INS about that, but they went ahead declaring me out of status and refused to sign any documents, they mentioned my only hope was to reinstate and go to mexico, and they even gave me a contact person there to assist me for a fee while in Mexico. I did not take their advice and I resulted to continue working at my COOP job, until summer semester of 2002 when I got terminated for not having proper documentation.

I have taped conversations with the DSO, that would indicate the wrong advice from my stand point that the DSO gave to me, and my defense that I was not informed about signing in and out with the DSO after a COOP semster.I have left some few things out, because of space, but do I have a case against them or do I speak to the president of the University and try to see if there is help from her, or do I seek proffesional help? Would it be difficult to process a H1? Thank you very much for your time.

Jack