Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: h1-B & RIR case

Hey,

Thanks everyone for your time.

The rumor has it that RIR cases are being refused;I submitted mine in Jan '02 and fear that by the time the DOL gets to it, they will not be meciful.

Has anyone heard anything? Who is being rejected and who is not?...

Thank you.

Hey,

Thanks everyone for your time.

The rumor has it that RIR cases are being refused;I submitted mine in Jan '02 and fear that by the time the DOL gets to it, they will not be meciful.

Has anyone heard anything? Who is being rejected and who is not?...

Thank you.

It is not exactly a rumor but DOL believes that with the present economic situation, they (people at DOL) cannot simply believe some employers' argument: that they cannot find USC to fill their job needs,hence the denial of some applications.I am not exactly sure of the statistics on this as obviously DOL will deny this matter and basically they approved on the merit of the case.

RIR cases are not being denied, but postponed. In most cases, DOL requires new proofs that there are not any American Citizens or Permanent Rezidents who can fill the position. DOL requests that the company puts other ads in the newspaper and allow 2 weekes for the candidates to apply. If nobody comes or those who come are not qualified, the lawyer sends your file back to the DOL who will take a final decision. When they send you the letter stating that "due to current economic conditions, DOL cannot make a final decision regarding you case yet" (or smth. like that) they give choices about your file: either to make further recruitment efforts or to put your file on normal track, not RIR. As I know from other forums and as I did myself, it it better to go on with the recruitement efforts. But, take into account that every case is different. Your lawyer (in case you have a good one) should know better what is best. Good luck.