1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 JOBS

I'm new to this group.
    Can a kind soul help me?

My I-485 is still in process, (receipt date April 2002). Before I started working with my sponsoring company I was already working in a different firm. My 2 jobs are totally different from each other. Both are full time jobs. I work with this 1st company weekdays, 10 hours a day (Mon-Thu). And Fridays-Sun trying to fill 70 hrs. (NO REST, NO LIFE!).

My question is, is it alright I.N.S. wise that I am doing this? My 1st employer does not know that I am working for my papers because when they accepted me they of course, think that I am here legal to work because of my job experience here in America. I've been here working since 1986. What they know is, I am working for a relative Fri-Sun, helping out. And my good boss allowed me to do this only up to the end of January. I only asked for 6mos.(started my Fridays off last July) thinking that I will be getting my Greencard by then.

My 1st job is my bread & butter, good retirement benefits. My 2nd job, my sponsoring company is also stable but not enough benefits as my first. Of course, the biggest benefit is sponsoring me to be a Permanent Resident. This is 2nd EAC & already renewed it this year. I had my finger printing also done. I constantly call the I.N.S.'s 1-800 # to find out if here has been a change in my papers staus. It still the same saying that they have received my F.P. last Aug.16 & they are processing my papers. Will there be any problem with this?
    I believe, I.N.S. is already processing Dec 16,2001. for I-485. How long does it normally take? So far I've been blessed for having good employers & my I.N.S. papers is at least moving.

I'm new to this group.
    Can a kind soul help me?

My I-485 is still in process, (receipt date April 2002). Before I started working with my sponsoring company I was already working in a different firm. My 2 jobs are totally different from each other. Both are full time jobs. I work with this 1st company weekdays, 10 hours a day (Mon-Thu). And Fridays-Sun trying to fill 70 hrs. (NO REST, NO LIFE!).

My question is, is it alright I.N.S. wise that I am doing this? My 1st employer does not know that I am working for my papers because when they accepted me they of course, think that I am here legal to work because of my job experience here in America. I've been here working since 1986. What they know is, I am working for a relative Fri-Sun, helping out. And my good boss allowed me to do this only up to the end of January. I only asked for 6mos.(started my Fridays off last July) thinking that I will be getting my Greencard by then.

My 1st job is my bread & butter, good retirement benefits. My 2nd job, my sponsoring company is also stable but not enough benefits as my first. Of course, the biggest benefit is sponsoring me to be a Permanent Resident. This is 2nd EAC & already renewed it this year. I had my finger printing also done. I constantly call the I.N.S.'s 1-800 # to find out if here has been a change in my papers staus. It still the same saying that they have received my F.P. last Aug.16 & they are processing my papers. Will there be any problem with this?
    I believe, I.N.S. is already processing Dec 16,2001. for I-485. How long does it normally take? So far I've been blessed for having good employers & my I.N.S. papers is at least moving.

Wont the INS be able to find out about your 2nd employer when you file taxes? Your return would have 2 W-2's listed on there wouldnt it?

I don't think INS has anything to do with your tax return. Except of course for the sponsoring company. I.N.S. will definitely look for my W-2
    & my sponsoring employer's TAX returns too.
    That's why I need clarification on this matter from the rest of the experts.
    HELP!

Bogni, when you provide your financial documents to the USCIS as part of your AOS application, you are supposed to provide the last three years of federal income tax (yours, not the sponsoring company) and your W-2s. If you did this, then these will clearly show you have two jobs.

USCIS has something to do with your tax returns; they want to see that (1) you paid taxes and (2) you will not become a public charge.

TO NYClmm Paralegal --- HELP!!!

But is it illegal to have 2jobs at the same time you are waiting for your papers to come?
    I need to work 2jobs for financial reasons.
    As I mentioned, the other job pays well & most of all the benefits, having a 401K program is very essential for me because I am no longer a spring chicken. By the way, I have a lawyer who I am using for this process from the very beginning. The paralegal that is also assigned to my case is so nice & very accommodating.
    As far as I know, they told me that it is alright to have as many jobs as you want, as long as you are working in the sponsoring company, as full time. Is this right?
    HELP!!!

Can someone please give me more answers to my questions. I am losing sleep over this even tho' my lawyer told me once that it is alright to have 2jobs. PLEASE?!

what kind of visa do you have right now? How are you getting your GC? Through LC? Through marraige? If you have an EAD, you can work for as many people as you want. If you have an h1/l1, you can only work for that employer.

if you get married, all your work stuff is forgiven.

-= nav =-

My visa expired years ago as a tourist. I finally found an employer who sponsored me.I also was able to get an Employment Auth. Card (2nd time already). And also able to apply for I-485 through my sponsoring company.
    I am just waiting for the approval of my I-485 with a receipt date of April 2002. Had my FP last May & I.N.S. already got the FP results (per I.N.S. Customer Service).
    I know that the I-485's processed now are Dec 16,2001. From your experience, are they taking longer or are they just on time in processing I-485 Employer based petitions?
    Thank you for the clarification on the matter about the 2JOBS.
    My I-485 is based on Employer based petition. I am still working
    on both companies.

MOONDIN,
    Thank you for the response.
    I forgot to ask you. What do I present to I.N.S.
    in regards to my taxes?