publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Registration at Oklahoma city INS office.

If you went through the special registration at Oklahoma city's office , please share your experience here . What kind of questions did they ask , what kind of doucuments they were looking for, what kind of forms did you fill out , did you take a lawyer with you and did it help ? specially I'm asking the group -3 . Please post your experience here at OKC INS office. If you post your story /experience here it will help us a lot , Thank you so much .

If you went through the special registration at Oklahoma city's office , please share your experience here . What kind of questions did they ask , what kind of doucuments they were looking for, what kind of forms did you fill out , did you take a lawyer with you and did it help ? specially I'm asking the group -3 . Please post your experience here at OKC INS office. If you post your story /experience here it will help us a lot , Thank you so much .

Please reply ,anyone out there----

I'm out of status and living in OKC . I'm in the group-3 .time is running out . but still can't decide to go or not to go . i heard that the INS officers at OKC are very heartless kind of persons ,though i don't know it's true ot not. but i'm very much scare. If there anyone out of status like me reading this in group -1 or 2 or 3 --who went through registration please share your experience here . thanks ,

if u r out of status and cant find a fix then the answer is " don't go" this is designed to catch people like u.. the one who over stay..

This is disigned to catch people like me ? R U sure about this ? How ?

If you are out of status and cant fix your status before the deadline then DONT GO!! Please know that you will need proper documentation before the registration deadline and that takes time.

Also dont get in trouble (Criminal) and dont leave the country. No one is going to come after you because you didnt register.

There are talks going on to extent the date for the group 3 might be as there is a massive population of Pakistani's in the country. If it gets extended then I suggest you to fix your paper ASAP!!! Otherwise wait for some waiver and pray for the Democrat President next time around.

INS Office statements:

Reports from individuals/attorneys of actual experiences:

Two cases of persons with I-140/485s on file at TSC for nearly 10 days before appearing for registration, but the INS still issued its NTA (Notice to Appear) since the registrants failed to have a receipt notice and case number to prove the filing.

Two cases of person with US citizen wives and kids who came in with paperwork to file an I-130/485. The INS did not have time to accept the application, but made the time to issue Notices to Appear.

Registrant with B-2 that expires in February. Attorney sent him to register (Group I) when he went to them to file a timely extension request. He made it to INS just 3 days after the Group I registration period ended and was immediately sent into deportation even though he swore (and had attorney's) letter that he came immediately after learning of his obligation to do so. Registrant had only been in this country for a few months, and did not speak much English. He was eventually released on his own recognizance.

District Office is calling the employers of the registrants and threatening them with sanctions if the employer allows the registrant back to work (even those with families to support and I-485s pending).

First attempted to register on 11/12, but INS office was not familiar with special registration.

Attorney barred from interview.
    Treatment of Late Individuals:

Lebanese citizen learns of registration requirement Monday when he shows up at work and his assistant says, "Dr. ___, have you heard about this registration thing? I saw it on the news." He checks the INS website and realizes he missed the deadline and immediately drives to INS. INS employee says, "I could take you upstairs right now and have you arrested, but I won't if you cooperate." He got a lecture, but was registered without arrest.

Thanks for the reply . But after deadline-- does INS will try to find if i[ or anyone out of status] don't go for registration ? no--i'm not a criminal and i've nothing to hide. but i don't want they catch me before my papers done, before my interview, and they send me back to my country because i didn't showed up for the registration. what a tention !