publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 and separation halai, ARQ, Josto, Sammy, Aquila , Mohan , Umesh , Lord, and anyone

I know this topic has been brought by mnay of us who have filed I-751 jointly. Say couple file it jointly and then they separate, and the alien moves to another state and get a job and start a new life.

2 questions:

1. If there is no legal separation should the alien inform the BCIS?

2. When the time comes for N-400 (after conditions are removed and 5 yrs have elapsed since AOS), BCIS will know that though the divorce was post I-751 approval but the alien worked and paid taxes and lived in a different state(N-400 requires 5 yrs tax returns and all the addressess alien stayed during the last 5 yeras) when the I-751 was pending. How will this affect alien's N-400 application?

3. Non BCIS question- does marraige counseling helps and how much does it cost?

I know this topic has been brought by mnay of us who have filed I-751 jointly. Say couple file it jointly and then they separate, and the alien moves to another state and get a job and start a new life.

2 questions:

1. If there is no legal separation should the alien inform the BCIS?

2. When the time comes for N-400 (after conditions are removed and 5 yrs have elapsed since AOS), BCIS will know that though the divorce was post I-751 approval but the alien worked and paid taxes and lived in a different state(N-400 requires 5 yrs tax returns and all the addressess alien stayed during the last 5 yeras) when the I-751 was pending. How will this affect alien's N-400 application?

3. Non BCIS question- does marraige counseling helps and how much does it cost?

Hi
    I was searching an answer for the same question you have. I talked to lot of people and tried browsing different website. Everywhere I got same answer so I want to share with you...this might be helpful....
    I guess there shouldn't be any problem with separation if its not through any court and if its just verbal separation. There are so many cases where because of job lot of couple stay in different places and they just visit each other when they get a chance...so hopefully there wont be any problem for you in that case even if you are working in other state....you don't need to tell about separation to BCIS until you remove condition on your green card. What I don't know is this... what about TAX filing, will it still be joint or separately?

Nafcillin:

When and in what Service Center have you filed your JOINT I-751.

The answer to your question number 1, is you don't have to notify BCIS if the separation is only a verval agreement and not legal separation, HOWEVER, YOU MUST FILE THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS FORM, AND CALL THE NATIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE (1800) AND NOTIFY THEM THAT YOU MOVED ARE FILING A CHANGE OF ADDRESS AND THAT HAVE A PENDING I-751 WITH ______ SERVICE CENTER AND THEY MUST NOTIFY THE SERVICE THAT HAS YOUR I-751 THAT YOU HAVE MOVED SO THEY CAN MAIL YOUR DECISION OR YOUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YOU YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS.

In regards to your SECOND QUESTION, there is not issue at all that you paid taxes in another state prior to I-751 approval, but if there is a DIVORCE before the I-751 approval IT WILL COME TO LIGHT TO THE BCIS.