50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I130 or Marriage? Help?

I was over 21 when I came to Maryland in April 11, 1990 as a tourist.I over stayed. since then, in March of 1995 my mom became U.S.citizen filed I-130 petition for me.My Notice Date: July 17, 1995 and My Priority Date: 17, 1995.Notice Type: Approval Notice Section: Unmarried child ( age 21 or order ) of U.S. citizen, 201 (a) (1) INA.

I know there is a long quota for immigrants from the Philippines, also missed the Life Act.
    I read in INS web page that it will take years before I will get my visa number.
    My fiancé is a U.S. citizen and we are getting married this coming June.

I been working illegally in the past few years without working permit. Last 12, 2002 I lost my job.Between 2001 to 02 I payed taxes. I believe this can cause a problem when my fiancé file for change of status for me. I need someone who's experience in this situation to have an honest openion about my case.

Secretly, were are thinking of getting married soon in court just to get legal work permit . Since I really need a job. But we are also getting married in Church this coming June. The problem is my fiancé doesn't want to deceive her parents with us getting married secretly in court, and she is very concerned about the court marriage.
    I meant we love in each other. Am I still entitle to 245 ( i ) if she decided to wait until June.I need help. and I hope to hear from guys soon. Thank you...........any option beside marriage and I130?

Thanks
    Quietkey

--

I was over 21 when I came to Maryland in April 11, 1990 as a tourist.I over stayed. since then, in March of 1995 my mom became U.S.citizen filed I-130 petition for me.My Notice Date: July 17, 1995 and My Priority Date: 17, 1995.Notice Type: Approval Notice Section: Unmarried child ( age 21 or order ) of U.S. citizen, 201 (a) (1) INA.

I know there is a long quota for immigrants from the Philippines, also missed the Life Act.
    I read in INS web page that it will take years before I will get my visa number.
    My fiancé is a U.S. citizen and we are getting married this coming June.

I been working illegally in the past few years without working permit. Last 12, 2002 I lost my job.Between 2001 to 02 I payed taxes. I believe this can cause a problem when my fiancé file for change of status for me. I need someone who's experience in this situation to have an honest openion about my case.

Secretly, were are thinking of getting married soon in court just to get legal work permit . Since I really need a job. But we are also getting married in Church this coming June. The problem is my fiancé doesn't want to deceive her parents with us getting married secretly in court, and she is very concerned about the court marriage.
    I meant we love in each other. Am I still entitle to 245 ( i ) if she decided to wait until June.I need help. and I hope to hear from guys soon. Thank you...........any option beside marriage and I130?

Thanks
    Quietkey

--

At least you have an option. As you were "inspected" on entry you shouldn't have any real trouble - as long as you arn't called up for registration. My advice - Get married as soon as you can.

You have been grandfathered by your I-130 which was filed by your USC mother way back in 1995.But it doesn't mean you have immunity to a removal process when caught by INS.Your unauthorized work and overstay are usually not revisited by IO if married to a USC, just make sure you are paying your taxes every year.Since you have no legal status right now, I doubt it if employment is an option for you. I think the best and fastest route for you right now is to be married to your fiancee.Once you file your AOS, you can apply for work permit too.Your case isn't really complicated if you opt for marriage.

Brownfox

I appreciate your input about my particular case thanks again.

Quietkey

Kent,

Thanks for the information and for a honest advice appreciated.

Quietkey

Marriage will cure the unlawful employment, but there may be some issues if you decide to travel outside the United States since you have unlawful presence.

Should you need more information, please feel free to contact me at info@myronmorales.com

With regards to your question re 245(i) I don't think you qualify because you came legally and inspected. Grandfathering has no effect in your case whatsoever.