50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of status wait for girlfriend to be USC...

My marriage to USC failed and I didnt go to AOS interview...I have now been Out of Status since August 2002.

I met my girlfriend a LPR in October 2002. We are very much in love and thinking about marriage. But I wont be able to adjust my status until she becomes USC. I know I am supposed to leave the Country in the meantime, but then I will get a 3-5-10 year bar...

So me and my girlfriend decided to take the risk of staying.

What are the chance of being caught, deported or getting in trouble?

Does INS look for people like me, or only those who commit crimes?

My marriage to USC failed and I didnt go to AOS interview...I have now been Out of Status since August 2002.

I met my girlfriend a LPR in October 2002. We are very much in love and thinking about marriage. But I wont be able to adjust my status until she becomes USC. I know I am supposed to leave the Country in the meantime, but then I will get a 3-5-10 year bar...

So me and my girlfriend decided to take the risk of staying.

What are the chance of being caught, deported or getting in trouble?

Does INS look for people like me, or only those who commit crimes?

You did not go for interview, so immigration department must have put you under deportation. They must have mailed their decision at address provided by you to the Immigration. This is really a hard situation for you. If ever they get you, you will be deported. They might have already mailed you a letter to report at Airport to be deported. Try to seek help of some good Immigration Attorney.
    Good luck.

At the airports? Well I dont plan to fly, I want to wait for my girlfriend to be USC and then adjust my status.

I will be deported?
    I heard that there are 30 millions illegals and out of status in this Country, how the hell are they gonna afford to deport all of us hahahha.

If they dont catch me until I do my AOS...will I be allowed to file AOS once my Girl Friend is USC or I have no choice but just stay out of status forever?

Once they put you under deportation in their records, you will have problem in adjusting your Status even after your girlfriend will be Citizen. If you are taking chance then get married asap and when your wife will be citizen then file papers and you will need Waiver at that time.
    Good luck.

So its better for an ou of status to marry a LPR now than wait until that LPR becomes USC?

Whats the difference between
    I thought that there was no difference between "out of status" and "out of status married to LPR"...

That is true, there is no difference, but then you will have ground for waiver, in case you are rounded up by Immigration Department. If you are married for over two years at the time of AOS then you will get your Permanent GC not a conditional one.
    Good luck.

When you become out of status does immigration send you a letter to tell you to leave or you get deported right away?

I assume that they first write saying that your case is over, and after a while, if they see that you are still in here, they write a second one for deportation?