publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Should I get married or wait for my mother paperwork or just wait for the hospital to decide?

I had OPT that expired last July. the hospital where I worked decided to apply for a work visa for me in order for me to stay and keep on working. When i talked to the attorney last week she told me taht she never sent the paperwork because I am illigal in this country I should have been back home or be at school and wait for the paperwork. Right now I am so stressed because noone ever told me that in order for me to get any green card or working permit I needed to be in school or be back home. My brother is citizen and my motehr just got her working permit. I don't really know what to do right now. My fiance wanted to get married but I am scared that the immigration won't approve it because my name is already in the system as being illegal. What should I do now>? Do i need to get married or wait for my mother to file for me or just wait until the hospital decides on what they are going to do? How long will it take if i get married before I start to work? Do i need an attorney? Please i need your help.

I had OPT that expired last July. the hospital where I worked decided to apply for a work visa for me in order for me to stay and keep on working. When i talked to the attorney last week she told me taht she never sent the paperwork because I am illigal in this country I should have been back home or be at school and wait for the paperwork. Right now I am so stressed because noone ever told me that in order for me to get any green card or working permit I needed to be in school or be back home. My brother is citizen and my motehr just got her working permit. I don't really know what to do right now. My fiance wanted to get married but I am scared that the immigration won't approve it because my name is already in the system as being illegal. What should I do now>? Do i need to get married or wait for my mother to file for me or just wait until the hospital decides on what they are going to do? How long will it take if i get married before I start to work? Do i need an attorney? Please i need your help.

Before I can give you an opinion, I would need to know the facts of your hospital's petition on your behalf. So you had OPT and it expired. Did the hospital begin filing the nonimmigrant visa paperwork before or after the OPT expired? If the OPT expired, you should have been taken off the payroll of the hospital. You may definitely need to speak to an attorney to explain the circumstances of your case. Again, I don't know enough to say with precision.

I just spoke to the hospital and now they are telling me that the attorney never sent the paperwork because i am out of status right now. the latest news is the hospital is nor filling for me anymore. Now my question is should I get married? or just wait for my mother to get her green card which I don't really know how long it is going to take. And if i get married how long would it take me to get my papaerwork so i can get back to work?
    i really need your help. I know someone here can give me an answer