publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Can someone enlighten me on permanent residency after conditions are removed and to be eligible on getting Naturalized

My question is: I understand that a person is eligible to file for Naturalization after they have been a permanent resident for 3 years if they are married to a USC. But I am not clear on the fact whereas when does the 3 year countdown begins. Is it after they receive their conditional green card or 3 years after conditions are removed and they have a regular green card.

Thanks.

My question is: I understand that a person is eligible to file for Naturalization after they have been a permanent resident for 3 years if they are married to a USC. But I am not clear on the fact whereas when does the 3 year countdown begins. Is it after they receive their conditional green card or 3 years after conditions are removed and they have a regular green card.

Thanks.

Can someone answer this? "Lord", Lawgal? Anyone?

Thanks.

The three years begins on the date of approval for permanent resident status. For a spouse, this is the day you enter the US if you come with an immigrant visa or the day AOS is granted in the US. The date may be stamped in your passport and will be on your green card. The two years (or more) of conditional status apply to the three year requirement. You can file for naturalization (N-400) while removal of conditional status (I-751) is pending, but the I-751 has to be approved before the N-400 can be adjudicated.

Be aware that you have to remain married to the same USC spouse (with the exception of battered spouses receiving an approved I-360) for the entire duration of the residence requirement and the naturalization process to meet all of the requirements.

3 years resident status + three years marriage to the same USC + 1 years in the US + good moral character = eligibility for natz.

The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Thanks, Lord. So, what is the time frame for an approval of I751 for a spouse of a USC?

I-751 are right now NOT MOVING, and if you are unlucky and your SERVICE CENTER IS VERMONT YOU MIGHT WAIT FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS TO GET YOUR I-751 APPROVED since as of today they are processing I-751 from 12/01/01... and they have not moved from there from months already....
    Welcome to waiting list! do something! I wrote to the BCIS director you could send him a message through www.congress.org it is ridiculous that is taking so long to process a 2 pages application!

Thank you, Aguila18. I am in California and I think I am a little ahead of myself here. My husband hasn't even been called for the interview to get his conditional card. I am asking about what will happen in the future.

i am new on this and sorry for takeing over your forum but i need to ask this..
    My husband is in the military and i recieved a conditional green card due to us not being maried for two years.. any way i move to japan with him and my lawyer said i could but i have to file for the conditions to be taken off when i get down to america i guess it is three months before it expires.. do i have to wait for that three months or can i still travel? and with me not living in united states because we had to pcs would they use that against me