publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Not allowed to work...hurting marriage!!!

Hi
    I have worked in the USA as a travel nurse since 1996. I married a US citizen in March 03 but came off the road in Feb 03 when we found out my fiancee was about to be deployed so I could look after his daughter. I applied for my green card and work authorization in April 03. My application was returned to me twice for missing documents (I could have swore I got it right on the first return . On Sept 19 they sent me a piece of paper with a receipt that look like one you would get from walmart but the spaces under "your immigration file number is" is blank. Each time they sent my app back they returned my cashiers cheque back with it. The cashiers cheque was good for 90 days so consequently became invalid in July. Our bank made us put a stop payment on it and returned the money to our account because they said they would not honor it.
    It looks like immigration thinks they have the money but they don't. I have not worked for almost a year now and need to get back to it. I have stood in line for 6 hours to get 45 sec at a window where it is being process and called the 800 number several times. Every one says I have to wait until I get kicked out of the system for having the funds and then start again. HELP!!! There has to be a way to catch up to my file and pay them so I can get my work authorization soon. Man, the one time I want the government to take my money and they refuse to!

Hi
    I have worked in the USA as a travel nurse since 1996. I married a US citizen in March 03 but came off the road in Feb 03 when we found out my fiancee was about to be deployed so I could look after his daughter. I applied for my green card and work authorization in April 03. My application was returned to me twice for missing documents (I could have swore I got it right on the first return . On Sept 19 they sent me a piece of paper with a receipt that look like one you would get from walmart but the spaces under "your immigration file number is" is blank. Each time they sent my app back they returned my cashiers cheque back with it. The cashiers cheque was good for 90 days so consequently became invalid in July. Our bank made us put a stop payment on it and returned the money to our account because they said they would not honor it.
    It looks like immigration thinks they have the money but they don't. I have not worked for almost a year now and need to get back to it. I have stood in line for 6 hours to get 45 sec at a window where it is being process and called the 800 number several times. Every one says I have to wait until I get kicked out of the system for having the funds and then start again. HELP!!! There has to be a way to catch up to my file and pay them so I can get my work authorization soon. Man, the one time I want the government to take my money and they refuse to!

Next time follow directions on the application and include what they tell you to include. It ain't the government's fault if you keep filing incorrectly.

If you can't do it yourself -- don't. Get a lawyer. That's what they're there for.

-= nav =-

Moondin, you don't need to be that harsh on her you know. Obviously she is hurting. Maybe she is filing it right who knows.

mohgonyimport: Take all the papers you need to file with fees and go personally there. I assume you don't have an A number. From what I have heard, it's better to go to the center personally and file; at least you know someone looked at it. If as you said they are already working on it, still go there personally and fill out a form, maybe it was sent to the national center in IL and you have to bring it back to the local center.

Moondin...
    I did have a JAG lawyer look over the application before I sent it. I was given two wrong pieces of advice.
    1 We only needed to send our most recent divorces, which evidently was not the case. The original time I sent it in I was informed I didn't have to send our previous divorces. I obtained these the first time I sent it back, however, they returned it once more saying I only returned mine and not his previous divorce.
    2 I was also advised by this lawyer to sent the entire amount in one lump sum which I have since been told was not the optimal way to do it.
    Thank you for your input(?).

Ghost...
    I appreciate what you had to say and the defence. I was not looking for sympathy but I can tell you that we were engaged for 1 yr prior to our marriage and deployment. It was one of the best years of my life. The past me having all responsiblity for every last detail of our lives, his daughter's life, and all he has worked for his life. He has been a reservist for 17 years. All the responsiblity plus the concern for his life and wellfare. He is wondering if I am dragging this all out so I can hang on for a free ride or something. War and separation can really mess with a man's mind.
    I called the 800 number yesterday and they told me my suboffice is only working on Aug 15 and prior. The date on the letter I received is Sept 19. I would like to get to it before they start. I was also told that I couldn't file in person that it had to be mailed. That is also stated on the gov web site.
    I have also been advised refiling at this time will only confuse things. I really am not sure how to fix all this.