50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: In Need of advice

My parents and I came to the United States when I was five years old. My parents held student visas then but because of some bad immigration lawyers, they were led down an incorrect path that left us in limbo in the United States without legal status. We've been trying to figure out what to do always wary of advice from lawyers. I am now 20 and in college. My parents and I still don't have legal status only my brother who was born here. Can anyone recommend anything my parents and I can do aside from wait for the Dream act or the SAA?

My parents and I came to the United States when I was five years old. My parents held student visas then but because of some bad immigration lawyers, they were led down an incorrect path that left us in limbo in the United States without legal status. We've been trying to figure out what to do always wary of advice from lawyers. I am now 20 and in college. My parents and I still don't have legal status only my brother who was born here. Can anyone recommend anything my parents and I can do aside from wait for the Dream act or the SAA?

Thats tough. If they were student, what level of school were they in? Both? One should have helped the other see the light. Looks messy. Cant your brother sponsor them, since he is a citizen and over it? Can also apply for you.

I meant over 18. He can also sponsor you. Or you guys can show your paperwork for entering the US and I think theres a law thatw ill give you a green card, am not sure what the law says about people who have been here since I think 1982 or something like that.