50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Lost original Birth Cert.

I have submitted the copy of my birth certificate to BCIS since they don't need the original for the forms. But what happened when they call for interview or anything that need me to show original BC? Will I have problems? My original copy was abroad and misplaced, but my copy was certified by the Judge of High Court in my country. Can I use that? Beside that, in my passport and ID card have stated my birth place. Pls give any comments on this. So I can prepare whatever necessary before its too late. Thank you.

I have submitted the copy of my birth certificate to BCIS since they don't need the original for the forms. But what happened when they call for interview or anything that need me to show original BC? Will I have problems? My original copy was abroad and misplaced, but my copy was certified by the Judge of High Court in my country. Can I use that? Beside that, in my passport and ID card have stated my birth place. Pls give any comments on this. So I can prepare whatever necessary before its too late. Thank you.

You should try to get duplicate birth certificate from your country. You have a copy of it, so it will be easy for authorities to find old records.
    Good luck.

I already asked for the duplicate from the authority of my country. This is just in case I don't get it by the time needed. What so called plan B . Do I have any other option?

Yes, then you will need two affidavits from persons who can give notarized affidavit regarding your Date of Birth, Place of Birth and your parents. The person can be a relative or a family friend who is atleast 10 years older than you in age.
    Good luck.

Thank you Umesh, you're such a nice person . I really appreciate it. It like everytime someone need answer, you always try to make it the best you can, thanks again.