50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: time it takes

I have a very simple question, I believe. If I go and get married to my fiance in his country, how long of a waiting period am I looking at to get his papers and bring him here? The K-visa is out because we do not have enough evidence of the relationship. E-mail and using phone cards are how we have kept in contact, with a couple of visits from me. We have a child together also. We have been dating for 2 years. Please anyone who knows the approximate waiting I will have to bring him here?
    Thank you for your time.

I have a very simple question, I believe. If I go and get married to my fiance in his country, how long of a waiting period am I looking at to get his papers and bring him here? The K-visa is out because we do not have enough evidence of the relationship. E-mail and using phone cards are how we have kept in contact, with a couple of visits from me. We have a child together also. We have been dating for 2 years. Please anyone who knows the approximate waiting I will have to bring him here?
    Thank you for your time.

time oculd be up yo 10 yrs depending on list of oters in front of you. sry its not shorter.

You could file for a k3 visa, which should be faster than getting your i-130 approved... I would say a year or less. BUT, see if you can file your I-130 directly with the consulate in his country, he could get his visa in weeks!

the above assumes your a USC and the person getting the visa has no "history" (with ins, or criminal)

abramax,

Please specify if you are a legal permanent resident or a US Citizen. You should always give all the facts, this way you will get good answers.

I do not know who this rerun is, but he is obviously trying to have some cruel fun on the board.

I am a US citizen,born and raised. Please let me know what my options are. The quickest would be the best. Thank You for all the replies

oh yeah, he has no criminal past or any history with INS.

abramax:

The child is also proof of your relationship. You should contact the US consulate in his country and check out your options. The K-1 will only prolong your agony but you will be together. The I-130 petition as Immediate relative of USC will keep him there but he will come to US on a green card.

Check and see if the local US Consulate will allow a direct Consular filing as opposed to filing a petition with INS in your district office,

Here is alink that you may find informative.

http://travel.state.gov/vvisas/index.html