free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Risks marrying Philippine woman

Folks - Met a Philippine woman online, visited her few times and now thinking of getting married. She has asked me to get K1 process started.

My close friends and family are cautioning me as this is an International Marriage. Have been doing some research and finding some disturbing information.

If you have any knowledge, care to to share how Philippine women are? Are Philippine people fraud? Have been reading some IMBRA and VAWA stories not sure what the legislation means but will research it. What I am interested to know is how probable it is I might get duped for immigration scam? Anybody here married to Philippine woman? Pros/cons?

I am White 39, she is 23.

One really never knows what other person has in mind; from Philippine or not.

The following tactic has been suggested: - one day you just say to her: "listen darling, I've been thinking--- I would like to move to your country. I like it, and you can stay close to your family..., can you check the immigration process and start looking for a place for us to live?"

...be serious about that plan but also give her some time to get used to the idea. It may answer your question: does she want to be with you or just in the USA?

I am White 39, she is 23.

Lucky You!

Philippinos are just like everybody else, some good some bad. Chances are she would make a superb wife.

Nobody can tell you she's good or not good. She is a person, so is Mother Teresa and Jack the ripper. You need to use your own brain, and your own heart.
    Michael: Father of the Idiot

There is only one legitimate site that you can trust to meet beautiful Filipina, Chinese, Russian, Ukranian women and they are here; on my website-

Beautiful Wives

100 % Sincere; all of them

Originally posted by Michael?:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am White 39, she is 23.

Lucky You!

Philippinos are just like everybody else, some good some bad. Chances are she would make a superb wife.

Nobody can tell you she's good or not good. She is a person, so is Mother Teresa and Jack the ripper. You need to use your own brain, and your own heart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well said

My suggestion would be get to know her well before making any decisions..would say the same wherever she came from.
    Aneri gave good advice, often the response to that can give you some idea.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Is this not another ID of MIR?

Just in case you're a real poster and not some other fake ID - I agree with the answers of Aneri, Sprintie and Michael (Michael with the box at the end). I'm reposting NHF's post before:

Top 13 signs you're being scammed by your mail-order bride:

1. Does not share in expenses
    2. Unwillingness to sign pre-nuptial agreement
    3. Unwillingness to have children
    4. Lazy/Does not work
    5. Goes to school at your expense
    6. Has male friends from home country; Previous marriages/Divorces
    7. If she is already in the U.S. -check criminal record and public records for any convictions or judgements
    8. Infidelity and begs for forgiveness (Absolute deal breaker)
    9. Has arguments over nothing
    10. Looks for trouble, starts fights, calls police
    11. Acts cold, especially after immigration interview
    12. Asks for money THESE ARE ALWAYS SCAMS
    For sister's abortion
    For mother's life saving operation
    13. Asks for your trust despite inconsistent stories
    (maybe look elsewhere for a non-fraudulent mate...)

More questions for you:

1. Is she asking money from you? I would think that if she has any integrity at all, considering your current situation of being in a mere relationship, she wouln't ask money from you, EVER.
    2. Is she highly-educated? If she can't even speak English and with correct grammar, how can there be good communication between the two of you?
    3. Is she able to support herself or just relying on you to help her financially?
    4. Is there too much age discrepancy between the two of you? (in your case, I think that's a bit too much, just my personal opinion though).

Most importantly,
    5. Internet dating/online romances are just too risky - why do you even want to consider it? Divorce rate here in the US is 50% and most of them, I would assume, are between Americans. A successful marriage between an American and a non-American entails hard work and high-level maturity, among others between both of you.

Bottomline rule, as in any other relationship, whatever country your partner is from, is to use your head, not your heart.
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Originally posted by Mrs. B.:Bottomline rule, as in any other relationship, whatever country your partner is from, is to use your head, not your heart.
    When it comes to making decisions in relationships with women, I always use my head !!!

This is one thing I'm finding hard to understand. Marrying someone from a far-off place, or from anywhere for that matter, carries with it the inherent seeds of both benefits and risks. The relationship could either work correctly or incorrectly in the long run. If it does, you either sing praises or fall silent. If it doesn't, you spew hate and blame the world. Marriage doesn't take place unilaterally, but by a mutual understanding of two consenting parties. Ask yourselves then why you have to moon-light for your significant others outside of your shores rather than from your own backyard in the first place. Either way, you should assume the consequences in the end. Don't come here to hate and weep. There's too much of it in the world outside already.

An old (but wise) saying "Before marriage, go into it with eyes wide open. After it, leave them half closed"
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."