50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-140 approved

can somebody help me please....my I-140 is already approved..does this mean i can work already or do i need to wait for my EAD first....do you happen to know the waiting time?

can somebody help me please....my I-140 is already approved..does this mean i can work already or do i need to wait for my EAD first....do you happen to know the waiting time?

you have to wait for your EAD ( work permit ) usually after filing for EAD you have to wait 90 days.

HOw long have you waited until it got approved.
    Please advise. I-140 is this the one that a company will sponsor you? Did you apply for 245I as well. Sorry I am new and not fully aware of the terms. Please reply thanks.

deport illegial aliens

With an approved I-140, you can file for permanent residence. As part of that permanent residence, you will receive an EAD that will allow you to work. Until you have the EAD, you can only work if you another status. Once you have the EAD, you can work almost anywhere. But, if your adjustment is employment based, you need the same job or a similar job by the time of the AOS interview.

info@myronmorales.com

Thanks for your info mmorales. The reason why i asked was, a friend of mine applied for 245I under employment base. This was I think around april 2001. Up to now she is still waiting. She is not working because, I guess u can't work until you get your labor permit. She check her case and her priority date was October 2001. It has been a long wait already and feel sorry for her as she can't work. Anybody who applied for 245I through employment base that got already approve. Please let me know how long you've waited. My friend is lucky she has a boyfriend to support her. but how about people who doesn't have anybody to help them. It takes so long to get the papers reviewed. Anybody who has the same case. Please share. Thanks