Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting married Umesh, Joe, Linda, Panties and Brown etc advice

I will try to be brief.

I met my future wife in 2001. My wife is USC i am fm C,bean. I came to US-NY in Sept2002 with the intent 2 marry. On entry I was given 6mos. Its due to expire in Mar. My wife and I intent to marry in 1st week Mar.
    Questions: I need to know what is the process for her filing 4 me. She just recently lost her job at the mall and she has 2kids. She is looking 4 a job. Will the request for affidavit of support be need soon after marriage. I am not able at present to assist with the affidavit of support as yet. Should we do the AOS soon after marriage. I need to work to assist her. I am an accounting professional and need to know how to go about helping us financially. Can she just petition for me on the I130 and later file the affidavit of support. Can we file the AOS before or after the I130. SS# can i apply for this after marriage. Many questions short time - I wish I won't have to leave the US by March without completing the seal of our love. Guess what I don't want to leave her and the kids although,the kids are not mine. And I don't want to ruin my ability to travel freely between my wife if I am with her in the US and my family in the C,bean.

PLEASE ADVISE. I KNOW I HAVE RAISE A LOT. THANKS.waiting 2 exhale and live happily 4ever.

I will try to be brief.

I met my future wife in 2001. My wife is USC i am fm C,bean. I came to US-NY in Sept2002 with the intent 2 marry. On entry I was given 6mos. Its due to expire in Mar. My wife and I intent to marry in 1st week Mar.
    Questions: I need to know what is the process for her filing 4 me. She just recently lost her job at the mall and she has 2kids. She is looking 4 a job. Will the request for affidavit of support be need soon after marriage. I am not able at present to assist with the affidavit of support as yet. Should we do the AOS soon after marriage. I need to work to assist her. I am an accounting professional and need to know how to go about helping us financially. Can she just petition for me on the I130 and later file the affidavit of support. Can we file the AOS before or after the I130. SS# can i apply for this after marriage. Many questions short time - I wish I won't have to leave the US by March without completing the seal of our love. Guess what I don't want to leave her and the kids although,the kids are not mine. And I don't want to ruin my ability to travel freely between my wife if I am with her in the US and my family in the C,bean.

PLEASE ADVISE. I KNOW I HAVE RAISE A LOT. THANKS.waiting 2 exhale and live happily 4ever.

i wouldnt go back to the caribbean,,get married, doesnt matter that you will be on a expired visa, your marrying a USC so that wont be a problem..
    As for your AOS, you need to file your Affadavit at the same time as your AOS, i dont think you can do that later, it all has to be filed altogether.
    Get married and then file for your AOS dude.

Thanks 4 the advise. But remember I have until Mar legally. If I am married before that time and don't do the AOS and have to travel will i not be banned for 3yrs.

After marriage, your wife can file I-130 anytime and at the same time you can file for AOS and Employment Authorization Card. If you marry within the time period of your legal stay, it will be much better. Even otherwise you will have no problem. If for any reason both of you decide to postpone this marriage for couple of weeks then you must apply for extention of your stay. But do not mention that you want to marry a USC.
    Good luck.

Get married. Does she file the I130 and later when she starts 2 work we do the AOS. Then she will have the necessary means to sponsor. Or does she have to show when filing the I130 she has the means to support us.

I am much grateful for the responses I am getting, just want to be clear on my option. As I don't want to spoil my visa.

We will get married at the end Feb. She files the I130 won't she have to provide support that she can "keep" us financially until I can work. If I do the AOS and the I130 together when does the I864 come in the picture. She isn't currently working.

AOS is I-485 application for Adjustment of Status. I-130, I-485 and I-765 you can file together. Your wife can still give Affidavit of Support for you because she had worked during last year. If she is getting unemployment, she can mention that. There will be no problem.
    Good luck.

Thanks. Love and cupid will come thru. Will have like to get married for Valentines.

Just last point on this. You have made everything clear and seemingly simple. Can't wait to share the responses for you all with my wife.

Question?? When does the affidavit of support needed. This is the only thing I am scare about. Do i need it for the I130, I485 or the I765. If its not needed soon, and I get my EAD can I also support her affidavit.

You will need to file Affidavit of support with AOS application. I will be best for your to send the whole package to the INS together. If you will file I-485 (AOS) application later, then you will have to wait for many more months.
    Good luck.