free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-140 petition for a nurse

I come here in US in a B2 visa and the immigration officer in the port of entry gave me only a 1 month to stay and make a comment of "limited stay per SII" at the back of my I-94. We are planning to apply for an extension of my stay since I'll be taking my NCLEX exam in 2 months time. But then, 2 weeks after I arrived, a recruitment agency is interested to file for an I-40 petition on my behalf. Im worried on which is the best way to take since I've got this "SII" in my I-94. PLEASE HELP ME....coz my stay will be expiring at the end of April.

I come here in US in a B2 visa and the immigration officer in the port of entry gave me only a 1 month to stay and make a comment of "limited stay per SII" at the back of my I-94. We are planning to apply for an extension of my stay since I'll be taking my NCLEX exam in 2 months time. But then, 2 weeks after I arrived, a recruitment agency is interested to file for an I-40 petition on my behalf. Im worried on which is the best way to take since I've got this "SII" in my I-94. PLEASE HELP ME....coz my stay will be expiring at the end of April.

Hey jhon,

I've got the same dilemma as you are.

Umesh, Mohan....please help us!!!

to anyone who's knowledgeable about my problem.....please help me.....

In case somebody wants to sponsor you for job as a nurse, then it will be better for you and you can apply for change of status. You should also file for extension of your stay. You must apply for extension couple of days or a week before expiry of I-94.
    Good luck.

Thanks for your quick response.

Umesh, will there be a conflict of interest if I apply for an extension of my stay then an agency will file for my I-140 after a week or so? OR will it be alright to let the agency file for the I-140 alone without the need to file for an extension of my stay...since they told me that applying for an I-140 supercedes my B2 visa? How about the "SII" written at the back of my I-94, will it have any repercussion in my immigrant petition? Kindly give me your thoughts about this.

To JHON:
    It will not harm you to file for extension also but it will help you to stay in status. While applying for extension you just send photocopy of the I-94 containing you information and Immigration stamp with date on it.
    You should ask the employer to file papers asap and ask your attorney to apply for AOS as well.
    Good luck.

Umesh, I've got the same problem as Jhon, but I'm really worried about this SII comment at the back of my I-94. Does it have any impact to my AOS? Will they question me why I enter as a tourist then in less than a month, file an immigrant petition? Im afraid that they might charge me with fraud and will lose the benefit of working here as a nurse and live here with my family.

Thanks.

If you got some employer is interested to hire you for nurse, this should not be a problem. When you came here, you had such intention but now you feel that you have more opportunities here, so you can avail those opportunities. Immigration will not bother with that, especially when we have shortage in your category.
    Good luck.

Whew, your really heaven sent to someone like me who don't have money to pay for lawyers fees but need a valid opinion. Just one last question : is it really necessary for me to file an extension of my stay since the agency will already file the I-140 on my behalf immediately? does the filing of I-140 really supercedes my visitor status?