Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Fiancee visa problems

Hello!

I have a question:
    I have an aproved fiancee petition, on 12-19-2002, in California.
    The approval was supposed to be cabled and mailed to the US Consulate abroad. It's been 1 month and a half and the Consulate didn't receive the approval. They opened a file for my fiancee though, she had the medical exams done, I sent her the support documents, everything is ready but she can't get an interview because INS didn't send the approval. I called the CA center three times, they told me the case was approved and I have to wait, or that the approval was sent and being held by the Consulate. I talked to several people at th Consulate, including to an INS officer and they said they haven't received the approval.
    Is it normal to wait that long? Should I do anything and if yes, what's that?
    Any similar experience?

Thank you,

Robert

Hello!

I have a question:
    I have an aproved fiancee petition, on 12-19-2002, in California.
    The approval was supposed to be cabled and mailed to the US Consulate abroad. It's been 1 month and a half and the Consulate didn't receive the approval. They opened a file for my fiancee though, she had the medical exams done, I sent her the support documents, everything is ready but she can't get an interview because INS didn't send the approval. I called the CA center three times, they told me the case was approved and I have to wait, or that the approval was sent and being held by the Consulate. I talked to several people at th Consulate, including to an INS officer and they said they haven't received the approval.
    Is it normal to wait that long? Should I do anything and if yes, what's that?
    Any similar experience?

Thank you,

Robert

Robert, what country is your fiance a citizen of?

Romania

You're unlucky! There's a problem with K visas especially in Eastern Europe.I heard they're not adjucating applications from this part of the world and even if they do , there's a looooong wait....

Well, no...the petition was approved in 2 months...and there is no problem with Eastern Europe...especially since they joined NATO...and I talked to the Consulate in Bucharest and they told me they get the K1 approvals within one week after being approved in the US...except for the ones that come from the CA center...that's why I asked here, to see if anyone else had a similar experience...
    Did you?

The U.S. Consulates have the discretion to issue the K visa upon presentation of the original approval notice alone. Sometimes they have to be pushed to actually do it, but it's worth a try.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at info@myronmorales.com