50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: POE Requirments

Besides the sealed envelope given to spouse from embassy, what other documents are required to enter US from immigration point of view. Are there any restrictions on bringing electronics etc. Any feedback is appreciated.

Besides the sealed envelope given to spouse from embassy, what other documents are required to enter US from immigration point of view. Are there any restrictions on bringing electronics etc. Any feedback is appreciated.

Hey Julie,
    Looks like your husband got his Visa. Congrads to you and him. Well my cousins wife just came to the USa about 2 weeks ago and she did not have any problems. All she did was show her passport and give the documents that was in the sealed envalope to the immigration counter and they took her finger prints and stamped her passport with a one year green card valid stamp until her original green card arrives. She did not have any problem bringing stuff over. Now this was at the ATl airport. So I am not sure about if they customs agents are picky at your local airport.
    Vpatel

He is either flying into JFK or Chicago. Mumbai was tough on him during interview. I think this is always how Mumbai is no matter what. I wasnt that worried because he is a lawyer but he did say they pissed him off and brought out the 'lawyer' in him. He just needs to get them certified birth certificate and they will give him visa stamp same day.

Hey Julie,
    I came one time this year around May back to the USA on Ait-India from JFk and I did nto have any problems. They ask you questions right when you get off the plane and then tell u fi you need to step aside or you can go ahead and collect your bags and then move to the immigration counter and customs. Listen Julie. I was thinking it might be good to take something like Air France or Delta for your HUsband becuase the Air India people do nto give good service.l On my way to India from the USA I had to sit in one seat 2 days becuase they did stop at Paris but they did not let peopel get out. They cleaned the plane with people in side the plane which was bad I thought. So That's why it is better to take an international flight from Mumbai like Delta or Luftansa or Air-France or KLM. Anything but Air-India. So this is my opinon. I thought I give you a heads up on the Air-India service.
    Vpatel

Also can you tell me what 2 certificates did your husband have to get certified
    Vpatel

He just needs his birth certification. The packet 3 says they can use the school records but at interview they wouldnt accept. Now he must fly to delhi, then back to mumbai. Where is vital statistics dept in India LOL.