free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigeration Visa

I need to know how long it takes to stamp immigaration visa after Admin process completion.
    In my case embassy ask me to submit fresh police report, Medical & Ds-230 agaion.They say visa is ready and admin processing has been completed.

Members advise will be highly appreciated.

I need to know how long it takes to stamp immigaration visa after Admin process completion.
    In my case embassy ask me to submit fresh police report, Medical & Ds-230 agaion.They say visa is ready and admin processing has been completed.

Members advise will be highly appreciated.

If they say the visa is ready, then go and get it.

It means you are not in the United States....?Where are you From...................?
    Your Police and Medical Report had to be resubmitted...
    I think it will take another 6 month for you. Once you submit Police and Medical to the embassy, they will ask for your visa number, or they might have already done.
    After that process you will be called for Interview and if all go's well you will be ask to come and pickup your Visa Package on date....?
    That visa is valid for six months. If you are unable to travel returned that complete pacakge to the Embassy before six month.

Hi Kumar:

Let me state my personal expereince -- my sister had received similar call from US Embassy. They asked here to re-submit Medicals and Police Record. Her Passport was already with the Embassy since the original interview (six months back).

She sent her medicals and police report via courier service and received her passport with IV visas within two weeks.

However, intresting part is that when she got passport, the visa was stamp on the date she received the call -- prior to the dates of medical and police certificate.

Thanks to both of you Kumar & Tak

Just a few minutes ago I received a call from Embassy that they have sent my visa through courier.

I was in Admin processing since my interview some time January 2007. May this year a phone call received from the Embassy to submit a fresh Police Report, Medical Report & DS-230.

It is a time consuming and complicated matter to
    get a visa. I had visited USA several times since 1980 maximum stay duration was 4 weeks.

I appreciate both of you. God bless u too.

Hi oytte:

Congratulations on getting your immigrant visa. This is best way to come to US with IV.

oytte: Immigration Visa is never stamped in passports..
    You must be talking about the Non Immigration visa I think...
    I will appreciate if you please clear this...
    If you are asking about Immigration visa until 2000 March U.S. Embassies and Visa post always issued a Package your visa is always on the top of the Envelop with your photo and passport numbers, and your citizenship ....received a

Sorry Kumar- Immigrant Visas are stamped in the passport. It's known as the I-551 stamp. He cannot enter the country without the stamp- there's no other proof that he is eligible to enter the U.S. as a Legal Permanent Resident.

If you got your green card through consular processing, then they don't "order production" of your card until you have entered the country with your I-551 stamp.