50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Bush oblivious to the faithless

In his Feb. 6 address at the 51st annual National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, President George W. Bush again revealed his insensitivity to the 30 to 40 million Americans who don't believe in divine providence.
    Speaking to members of the House, Senate, Cabinet, military brass, ministers, foreign dignitaries and their families, Bush pontificated: "We can be confident in the ways of Providence, even when they are far from our understanding. Events aren't moved by blind change and chance. Behind all of life and all of history, there's a dedication and purpose, set by the hand of a just and faithful God."

"The Almighty God," he said, "is a God to everybody, every person."

Bush further expatiated on the value of prayer. Sounding a little like Wilford Brimley in the oatmeal commercial, he said having a National Prayer Breakfast "is the right thing to do, because this is a nation of prayer."

His knowledge of American prayerfulness is, he said, based on first-hand experience: "See, I work the ropelines a lot, and I hear all kinds of things on the ropelines. But the thing I hear the most, the comment I hear the most from our fellow citizens, regardless of their political party or philosophy, is, 'Mr. President, I pray for you and your family, and so does my family.' I turn to them without hesitation and say, it is the greatest gift you can give anybody, is to pray on their behalf."

Apparently, it hasn't occurred to Mr. Bush that his empirical data may be severely skewed. Recent studies indicate that only 54 percent of Americans belong to a church, including non-Christian churches. Moreover, no infidel, should one be found in a Bush ropeline, is likely to tell him: "Mr. President, I don't pray for you and your family, nor does my family. In fact, we don't pray at all because we think prayer, aside from an occasional placebo effect, is utterly inefficacious."

Bush characterizes himself as an inveterate supplicant: "I pray. I pray for strength, I pray for guidance, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray to offer my thanks for a kind and generous Almighty God." Perhaps he also prays for peace even as he rattles the sabers. Had Bush not packaged his personal beliefs as inviolable truths, his sermonizing might be excusable. Like every other American, he has the right to tell people what he believes.

Millions of Americans believe the cosmos, life and human experience can be adequately understood without appealing to the intervention of supernatural entities. Both intellectually and morally, the world view of the faithless is as defensible as the Judeo-Christian perspective of President Bush.

America won't be truly free as long as presidents try to foist articles of religious faith on everyone. When President Bush uses his bully pulpit to plump for religion, his words divide but do not conquer.

In his Feb. 6 address at the 51st annual National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, President George W. Bush again revealed his insensitivity to the 30 to 40 million Americans who don't believe in divine providence.
    Speaking to members of the House, Senate, Cabinet, military brass, ministers, foreign dignitaries and their families, Bush pontificated: "We can be confident in the ways of Providence, even when they are far from our understanding. Events aren't moved by blind change and chance. Behind all of life and all of history, there's a dedication and purpose, set by the hand of a just and faithful God."

"The Almighty God," he said, "is a God to everybody, every person."

Bush further expatiated on the value of prayer. Sounding a little like Wilford Brimley in the oatmeal commercial, he said having a National Prayer Breakfast "is the right thing to do, because this is a nation of prayer."

His knowledge of American prayerfulness is, he said, based on first-hand experience: "See, I work the ropelines a lot, and I hear all kinds of things on the ropelines. But the thing I hear the most, the comment I hear the most from our fellow citizens, regardless of their political party or philosophy, is, 'Mr. President, I pray for you and your family, and so does my family.' I turn to them without hesitation and say, it is the greatest gift you can give anybody, is to pray on their behalf."

Apparently, it hasn't occurred to Mr. Bush that his empirical data may be severely skewed. Recent studies indicate that only 54 percent of Americans belong to a church, including non-Christian churches. Moreover, no infidel, should one be found in a Bush ropeline, is likely to tell him: "Mr. President, I don't pray for you and your family, nor does my family. In fact, we don't pray at all because we think prayer, aside from an occasional placebo effect, is utterly inefficacious."

Bush characterizes himself as an inveterate supplicant: "I pray. I pray for strength, I pray for guidance, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray to offer my thanks for a kind and generous Almighty God." Perhaps he also prays for peace even as he rattles the sabers. Had Bush not packaged his personal beliefs as inviolable truths, his sermonizing might be excusable. Like every other American, he has the right to tell people what he believes.

Millions of Americans believe the cosmos, life and human experience can be adequately understood without appealing to the intervention of supernatural entities. Both intellectually and morally, the world view of the faithless is as defensible as the Judeo-Christian perspective of President Bush.

America won't be truly free as long as presidents try to foist articles of religious faith on everyone. When President Bush uses his bully pulpit to plump for religion, his words divide but do not conquer.

I didn't post this, it's been posted by an impostor...

I was dismayed to see the post above you because I couldn't believe you will have that kind of conviction. I believe you! Why can't they not leave the president alone and pray that God will guide him and country to the right direction.I believe in our president and USA. I'm pretty sure the constitution was created by the forefathers who believe in God.

I really wish I could give you some words of encouragement, but I really don't know if you would take me seriously or not.

Why do you feel you have to make others look bad on this board? Anyone knows, that are regulars here, that Bushmaster and Linda would not write such nonsense.

Do you really know the meaning of hypocrite? "The false assumption of an appearance of virtue." Could this be what you are doing by going under other names?

Do you have a heart? Can you feel hurt and pain? Then please, these are people here on this board also, not just printed words.

Please, stop the hurting now!

Thank you and God Be With You!

Brownfox, actually I am not surprised, it happened before, it will happen again, though I won't be involved in a dialogue with some... I am only here for my friends...

They don't like the USA and they don't accept what USA is doing... These people are living among us and they can not reveal their identities because that is their nature, they have to disguise themselves. Fortunately, all they do is talk talk talk talk.... They are NOT able to do anything to stop what USA does, so it is an easy way to attack people here...

This is a pit of snarling dogs I can see and hear from a distance... The Linda impostor guy thinks we are indian and he satisfies his ancient hatred towards indians... Do I care?!?!? These are lowest ... I have no respect for those...

What they really need to know is below:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

AMEN!!!

Very funny, Indians talk about virtue. LOL.

I'm glad you all saw once again that I'm not the Linda that posted that mess, just like I knew Bushmaster didn't start this thread. Brownfox said it best - we need to stop criticizing the president and pray that God will guided him, and that we will all be protected. Scary times!