free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome - Mr. M. Morales

I welcome you on behalf of other readers on this discussion board.
    We are honoured to have a reputed Immigration Attorney like you to have our question/querries answered all the time. Your legal advise is very much appreciated.

I welcome you on behalf of other readers on this discussion board.
    We are honoured to have a reputed Immigration Attorney like you to have our question/querries answered all the time. Your legal advise is very much appreciated.

Thank you sir, it is my pleasure to help out when I can. Sometimes people just need an answer instead of a $200 quote to answer one simple question.

To Mr. Morales:
    I really appreciate what you are doing for immigrants by answering their questions and giving them legal advise. Uptill now, we were trying to help each other by giving advise from our personal experiences.
    With your help, it will be much easier for us to get pin point legal help.
    Thanks again and God bless you.

I always thought there were good people on this board. I have a question for you - hope you can help.

My friend have been here 15 years - she came inspected and overstayed her visa. She applied (at the time it was not a problem) for a NYS driver license and got it. She has renewed it twice. She recently bought a house in another state and went to the local DMV to change her license over. They told her that she needs to have other identification - such as US Passport, Birth Certificate (US), or if an alien, her gc. She has none of those. A relative has petioned for her in 2001. She gave them the receipt and they refused it - citing they need something from INS that shows an approval.

She is very depress, because although her license is not yet expired - she has another 2 years on it, she is worried that the time will come and she still won't hear anything from the INS. She has a car and good insurance. She has an excellent driving record. She needs her car to get to and from her job (she looks after two elderly couple for 6 years now), that is why she was able to buy a house and car. She has good SS#, she had applied for it way back then using her indefinate multiple visa in her passport. She files her income tax for the pass ten years. Every year she has to pay back money because her employers don't take the necessary tases - she has no problem with that.

She has a son and two daughters. The girls were born in her home country and the boy an american. She is recently divorced from their father after 18 yrs of marriage - he's an alcoholic. She calls him a vagabond. Is there any hope for my friend? I try to cheer her up by offering to take her and the children to the movies, the mall and things like that, to no avail. Every day I am on the internet trying to find out any need developments that could help her. She has given so much money to lawyers to try and help only to find herself in a wall. She is not from any of that countries that require registration - but she fears that there will come a time when they will call for her to come in.

Please help - anyone!

Which state she's applying for? DMV requirement varies from state to state.

Pennsylvania

My friend have been here 15 years - she came inspected and overstayed her visa. She applied (at the time it was not a problem) for a NYS driver license and got it. She has renewed it twice. She recently bought a house in another state and went to the local DMV to change her license over. They told her that she needs to have other identification - such as US Passport, Birth Certificate (US), or if an alien, her gc. She has none of those. A relative has petioned for her in 2001. She gave them the receipt and they refused it - citing they need something from INS that shows an approval.

She is very depress, because although her license is not yet expired - she has another 2 years on it, she is worried that the time will come and she still won't hear anything from the INS. She has a car and good insurance. She has an excellent driving record. She needs her car to get to and from her job (she looks after two elderly couple for 6 years now), that is why she was able to buy a house and car. She has good SS#, she had applied for it way back then using her indefinate multiple visa in her passport. She files her income tax for the pass ten years. Every year she has to pay back money because her employers don't take the necessary tases - she has no problem with that.

She has a son and two daughters. The girls were born in her home country and the boy an american. She is recently divorced from their father after 18 yrs of marriage - he's an alcoholic. She calls him a vagabond. Is there any hope for my friend? I try to cheer her up by offering to take her and the children to the movies, the mall and things like that, to no avail. Every day I am on the internet trying to find out any need developments that could help her. She has given so much money to lawyers to try and help only to find herself in a wall. She is not from any of that countries that require registration - but she fears that there will come a time when they will call for her to come in.

Please help - anyone!

You can view the requirement for Pennsylvania Driver's License here at:
    http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/misc/Pub_195.pdf

Now since she's waiting to hear back from INS, doest that mean she has a pending AOS or something to that effect ? IF she does, I doubt there would be any problem.
    She can bring her SS card, passport, I-94, her I-485 receipt & any other INS document along with her W-2 & utility bills and that should cover it (along with her NY driver license).

Your friend need to have a identification to get the license renewal. A valid ID required. As she don't have valid ID she will not be able to change the license.
    Whereever INS concern, She has to file for FOIA to get information on her case, to see what is on her file , any deportation order, NTA, what was filed and what was the result etc.
    IF there is any deportation she will be able to get cencellation of deportation as she lives in the country more then 10 years and onther conditions met.
    BTW your information is not completed.