50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Form I-698

i filed I-698 in march 2009, Did biometric april 7. No interview yet. I got incorrectly dated temporary GC in June 16, 2008. which ought to be dated march 2005 the date I-687 was submitted. My 19th month started Jannuary 21, 2010. what is going on? can any one share experience

i filed I-698 in march 2009, Did biometric april 7. No interview yet. I got incorrectly dated temporary GC in June 16, 2008. which ought to be dated march 2005 the date I-687 was submitted. My 19th month started Jannuary 21, 2010. what is going on? can any one share experience

Bannister:

I have tried to get an answer to the same question. See my last post:

"The Adjudicator's Field Manual, on section 24.2 Legalization under Section 245A of the Act.(see link), define "the date the alien received the temporary residence" as the date on the I-687's fee receipt, see section (c)(6) and (e)(1), and that the alien can apply for permanent resident, using form I-698, nineteen months from that date.
    But on this forum, most people think that the alien can apply for permanent resident nineteen months from the date that the I-687 was approved. Is that a new rule for NWIRP/IAP? And where can I find it. Thanks"

I also found an AAO decision, where the Board's interpretation of "date he/she was granted status as a temporary resident" is the date the I-687 was approved. It says "The applicant's original application for temporary residence was either lost or rejected by the government....the applicant filed a duplicate
    application for temporary residence at New York in 1993. He was promptly interviewed, and the
    application's action block shows the application was granted two weeks later, on July 26, 1993 apparently by the District Director, New York. The 43-month period from that date expired on February 26, 1997." (see link)

Maybe there is a different depending if the person applied under the initial application period (1987-88) or under one the different late amnesty settlements. Let us know how your case develop.

Unfortunately, many of the ones that post here presently are more familiar with family or employment related immigration - we do have a couple of folks who may be able to help but I have no idea when they may be around. Hopefully that will be soon, but you may wish to check on other immigration-related forums for an answer.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch