50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: URGENT HELP/Consulate Appt on Tuesday / failed medical

I am currently in Cuidad Juarez attending a K3 Visa interview with my husband. He tested positive for marijuana on his medical exam. We are going to the Consulate on Tuesday for an open appointment. I must add that everything is in order and nothing could deny him this Visa except for this. My question is this: Should we still go to the interview or just wait 2 months and come back and do the medical exam again or is there a way that he could still get the visa anyway.

Thank you for your advise.

Need help in Mexico

I am currently in Cuidad Juarez attending a K3 Visa interview with my husband. He tested positive for marijuana on his medical exam. We are going to the Consulate on Tuesday for an open appointment. I must add that everything is in order and nothing could deny him this Visa except for this. My question is this: Should we still go to the interview or just wait 2 months and come back and do the medical exam again or is there a way that he could still get the visa anyway.

Thank you for your advise.

Need help in Mexico

just a thought..if I were you I will wait 2 more months until he's clean and re do the medical exam then go for the visa request...it would be wiser...

better safe then sorry would be my opinion...

Explain this further, your husband was positive for marijuana in his medical exams. Is this the medical for INS or just a routine medical exams. If this was his medical for INS I don't think there's nothing you can do for your husband because the thing speaks for itself, "RES IPSA LOQUITOR".

You should not worry about this. The Doctor is required to do physical, give TB skin Test, HIV Test and Vaccinations. If your spouse does not pass medical on these terms then he will be inadmissible otherwise there should be no problem.
    Good luck.

I have just rechecked the law and case laws. 9th Judicial District of the United States Court has held that use of Marijuana can rendered a person as inadmissible if use of Marijuana is a illegal in his Home country.
    You must check the local laws. It would be better that your husband goes for another Medical Examination after cleaning his body for Marijuana use. It may take 2 - 3 months to cleans the body of Marijuana.
    Good luck.